Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atray13
Helper III
Helper III

Save check box

Hi,

I am hoping to use a checkbox within a gallery, so that each item in that gallery can be ticked off.

I set the OnCheck property as 

Patch(Shifts, ThisItem, {'Updated': true})

and the OnUncheck as

Patch(Shifts, ThisItem, {'Updated': false})

Then i set the default to

If(ThisItem.'Updated' = "true", true, false)

It makes the change to the source data - i can see it has put true next to this record. But the checkbox immediately becomes unticked, so the checkboxes are always blank.

How can i make it so that the check boxes state is saved?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@atray13 

Can you please try this simple code in the Default property of the Checkbox instead?

ThisItem.'Updated'

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@atray13 

Can you please try this simple code in the Default property of the Checkbox instead?

ThisItem.'Updated'

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

Yes thank you that was it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PWREduCon768x460.png

Join us at PWR EduCon - A Power Platform Conference

Learn from the top Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate & Power Virtual Agents experts!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,026)