cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save collection as file

Hi all,

Is it possible to save a collection as a file?

I've created a flow to save to sharepoint however in powerapps I am getting the error that the formula needs text rather than a table

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bbar0121 Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Save collection as file

As an alternative you could collect the data and display into an HTML table to either copy and paste the data into excel or email the html table. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Hello Collen,

Unfortunately flow can receive only strings from powerapps and not a table.
You can concat the table in Powerapps in order to send it to Flow and use the split function in Flow in order to have it as a table.
Check online and you can find examples.
Also you can create a JSON string in powerapps using the concat function if you know how to do it.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Mike for the info! 

I've been looking around and struggling to find examples of what you're talking about. Could you provide me with a link or so that demonstrate concatenating a table - then flow recreating it?

Kind regards,

Colleen

nickduxfield Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Anonymous,

If your keen, you can patch to a list with columns that you can pass to flow.

Flow can take action on an item added, and evaluate.

Flow can use an ID and / or other columns to filter a table as in a SPList.

You can then use the Get Items action / Select DataOperations / Generate HTML action in MSFlow to create a HTML table that can be placed in an email or possibly an attachment to an email. etc.

Scenario:

It might be good to do that in powerapps by connecting a flow to a button, but I needed to make a record anyway to carry the request / approval. Doing so allowed me to have 1 record, that

1. represented a collection of items in a SPList.
  2. The record allowed me to Flow to look back on changes
  3. and or make updates autonomously.

You may wish to take this approach nstead of placing a heavy workload on an OnSelect action.

Super User
Super User

Hello Colleen,

You can use this as reference
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-To-Data/Collection-from-PA-via-Flow-to-SP-list/td-p/9...

If you have trouble implementing it, maybe I can help

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you want to pass a collection from your app to your flow?

Currently, a flow could only accept strings as input from PowerApps, if you want to pass a collection from an app to a flow, I afraid that there is no direct way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

As an alternative solution, I agree with @Mike8's thought almost. Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://www.techmikael.com/2017/05/saving-collection-of-images-from.html

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone - this is all really useful and will bear this in mind.

I'm trying to do a work around at the moment using how powerapps automatically changes excel spreadsheets when connected, as what is happening there seems rather complex - however it's likely i'll need to turn back to this if my way fails so thanks 😄

bbar0121 Advocate III
Advocate III

As an alternative you could collect the data and display into an HTML table to either copy and paste the data into excel or email the html table. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,628)