cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Save data from multiple screens to submit

Hi All - I'm also looking to create new entries on a Sharepoint list - using a Form in PowerApps.   The thing I found that did not work with the Patch - was the OnSuccess or OnFailure - Navigate to   function. 

Right now I'm Patching Data from a Form2. and Form3.. where some of that data is 'Required Data'.  If the required info is not inputed, the form Fails and I would like it to Navigate tot  screen that says 'Your form has failed'. 

this is my current script

Patch('Pre-Trade-Approval', Defaults('Pre-Trade-Approval'), Form2.Updates, Form3.Updates) 

Any thoughts on how to invoke the OnSuccess or OnFailure function with Patch?  or vice-versa... can i use  SubmitForm for Form2 and Form3 data (which are both on sepearte screens. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Save data from multiple screens to submit

@MichaelSmith

If you use a Patch, you do not really need an OnSuccess.

Basically you either store the result of the Patch is a variable and then inspect the variable to determine success or falure, or you check the Errors() function to see if the result is empty or both.

Here is a simple pseudo-code example:

Set(PatchReturnRecord, Patch('Pre-Trade-Approval', {ID: Blank()}, Form2.Updates, Form3.Updates));
If(PatchReturnRecord.ID > 0,
	Your actions on success,
	Your actions on failure
	)

Please also note that I have substituted the Defaults() function with a record that has blank primary key columns.  This is much more efficient than using the Defaults function, which has preformance issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,412)