Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsanya
Helper II
Helper II

Save date only from date picker in excel

Hi,

I want to be able to store the date in excel using a date picker.

Two issue I face:

When I select a date it saves Date - 1. i.e. If I select 18/06/2020 it saves 17/06/2020.

I don't want to save the time stamp along with the date.

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
rsanya
Helper II
Helper II

@JayMagness Thanks.
I was a great help and answered all my questions.

View solution in original post

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsanya ,

Do you mean that if you choose  "18/06/2020" in powerapps it saves "17/06/2020" in excel?
The reason why you met this problem is that the time zone is different in powerapps and excel.

PowerApps use local time zone by default. Excel use UTC time zone by default.

So to avoid this problem, I suggest you save date by using the same time zone in powerapps.

Using formula like this to update date:

DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,-TimeZoneOffset(),Minutes)

Then you will update the same value in excel by using date that you selected in powerapps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Mr-Dang-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @rsanya ,

If you have strict requirements on how you want to interact with dates, Microsoft Excel may not be the appropriate data source for your app. 

• Spreadsheets are free form: one row can have a date, while another row in the same column might contain text or a number. Related to your scenario, one row of a spreadsheet can have a date format in ISO8601 and another row in the same column can be formatted as 'dd/mm/yyyy.'
  • The flexibility of the spreadsheet is by design which is great when using a spreadsheet as a spreadsheet, but apps need more consistency in data.

If you seek structure, or rigidity, you can seek any other data source where columns have a strict type. This includes data sources like SharePoint, Common Data Service, and SQL.

• When creating a table with these services, you define the type of data to expect in each column.
  • And for dates, there is a distinction between a column of type "date-only" and "date-time" which is the feature you seek.

Thanks @Mr-Dang-MSFT

rsanya
Helper II
Helper II

@JayMagness Thanks.
I was a great help and answered all my questions.

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rsanya ,

Do you mean that if you choose  "18/06/2020" in powerapps it saves "17/06/2020" in excel?
The reason why you met this problem is that the time zone is different in powerapps and excel.

PowerApps use local time zone by default. Excel use UTC time zone by default.

So to avoid this problem, I suggest you save date by using the same time zone in powerapps.

Using formula like this to update date:

DateAdd(DatePicker1.SelectedDate,-TimeZoneOffset(),Minutes)

Then you will update the same value in excel by using date that you selected in powerapps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,200)