Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
trishmalloy
Level: Powered On

Save formula for New and Edit Screens with 2 forms

Hello,

I need help with the Save formula for New and Edit screens that have 2 forms on them.  I tried to create detailed information about the app in hopes that this will help you help me.  I noted the areas I need help with in hot pink.  Please let me know if you need any more information!

SCREEN 1

Text input used for Search

SCREEN 2

Gallery2 (Select Client based on text input from screen 1)

Filter('Client Profile',StartsWith('Client Name', 'Search for Client'.Text))

SCREEN 3

1 form and 1 gallery.  Selected client’s profile named FormViewer1 and …

Gallery3 list of selected client’s workouts

Filter('Client Workout', Client_x0020_Name.Value = Gallery2.Selected.'Client Name')

From this screen a new workout can be created.

NewForm('New workout');Navigate('New Workout', ScreenTransition.None)

Client Profile and List of Workouts.PNG

The New Workout screen has 2 forms on it.  The bottom form is named New workout, the top form is named New workout – Name and is a read only field brought in from selecting a client from Gallery2.

Create new workout.PNG

I am not sure what the Save formula should be when a new record is created.

Back to SCREEN 3 where a client’s workout can be viewed and edited by selecting the right arrow

The bottom form name is View workout and the top form is named View workout - Name

view form with ability to edti.PNG

When the Edit icon is clicked it goes to Edit Client Workout screen where there are 2 forms.  The bottom form name is Edit workout and the top form name is Edit workout – Name.

I am not sure what the Save formula should be for editing a workout.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Save formula for New and Edit Screens with 2 forms

Hi  @trishmalloy 

What about combining two forms into one? so that you don't need to worry any more. Please check the following steps:

1. Add client name column into form2, and move it to the top, adjust its size as below: Annotation 2019-12-05 114153.png

2. Delete the combo box in Client name data card, add a label in it. Although it may bring some error, don't worry.Annotation 2019-12-05 113826.png

3. Set Text of label: Gallery2.Selected.'Client Name' , Set Update of card: {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",Id:Gallery2.Selected.ID, Value:Gallery2.Selected.'Client Name'} , Set Y of ErrorMessage: Label1.Y + Label1.Height . Then All errors are fixed, and the Client name field is uneditable and from the Gallery2's selection.

4. Set the Items of form2: Gallery3.Select, Set OnSelect of submit button: SubmitForm(Form2). Then try to create or record and check if your app works fine.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi  @trishmalloy 

What about combining two forms into one? so that you don't need to worry any more. Please check the following steps:

1. Add client name column into form2, and move it to the top, adjust its size as below: Annotation 2019-12-05 114153.png

2. Delete the combo box in Client name data card, add a label in it. Although it may bring some error, don't worry.Annotation 2019-12-05 113826.png

3. Set Text of label: Gallery2.Selected.'Client Name' , Set Update of card: {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference",Id:Gallery2.Selected.ID, Value:Gallery2.Selected.'Client Name'} , Set Y of ErrorMessage: Label1.Y + Label1.Height . Then All errors are fixed, and the Client name field is uneditable and from the Gallery2's selection.

4. Set the Items of form2: Gallery3.Select, Set OnSelect of submit button: SubmitForm(Form2). Then try to create or record and check if your app works fine.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

trishmalloy
Level: Powered On

Thank you @v-siky-msft !!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,207)