cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Save multiple signatures in SP and create word document (pdf)

Hi guys

I have a project that consists in digitilze a docuement used for process change approval
this document has to be sign for several manager to be approved 

I have already digitilize the doc, the problem is how do I save all the signatures in SP list so then I can create a populated word doc and save it with all the signatures (images) on it 

I can manage to save at leats one signature pero this document has more than 8 signatures

EC_1_0-1622652289061.png

EC_1_1-1622652304107.png

this flow will only create 1 file no all of them

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are saving to a SharePoint Library you need to repeat the process for all the signatures and will have multiple files. A better way (which I use) is to make a Temporary file in OneDrive (you will need one for each), then get the content of that and use it in a picture field in the Word Merge. You can then delete them at the end of the Flow if you want.

I assume you have the per Flow premium licence for this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are saving to a SharePoint Library you need to repeat the process for all the signatures and will have multiple files. A better way (which I use) is to make a Temporary file in OneDrive (you will need one for each), then get the content of that and use it in a picture field in the Word Merge. You can then delete them at the end of the Flow if you want.

I assume you have the per Flow premium licence for this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

esjimenezp
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @WarrenBelz how to handle with multiple signatures in Power Automate, I have this but only generates one signature image

OnSuccess

ManagerSignature.Run(Self.LastSubmit.ID,varJSON)

Flow3.jpg

And also I have this formula for the PenInput controls, in the submit button

With({wJSON:JSON(PenInput1.Image,IncludeBinaryData)},
Set(varJSON,Mid(wJSON,24,Len(wJSON)-24)));

With({wJSON2:JSON(PenInput2.Image,IncludeBinaryData)},
Set(varJSON2,Mid(wJSON2,24,Len(wJSON2)-24)));
SubmitForm(EditForm1);
Navigate(BrowseScreen1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Flow4.jpg

Do I need to create another Flow to handle the second signature? any recommendation is welcome me, thanks in advance.

Kind regards 👋

@esjimenezp ,

Your code is only referencing one image. You would need to make a collection of all the images and send them via Flow  - this post may be of assistance

Thank you @WarrenBelz but this post is only for populate the image into the Word document, my question is, how to save the signature images for the Manager and the Employee, because I only can save the signature image for the manager but the second signature image I can't, thanks for your kind support 👋

signatures.jpg

@esjimenezp ,

Three ways, depending of how complex you want to make it - I have a blog on the options. In your case if you know the number of signatures, you could save them as in Multi-line text fields - it is a bit easier to retrieve the contents n Power Apps and you do not need a Flow to save them (and is what I generally do with signatures). You could also consider making them attachments (a Flow needed) or send them to a SharePoint Library. All have their advantages and problems depending on what you want to do with them afterwards. 

thanks @WarrenBelz the number of signatures are two, so, how to save those signatures images and populate into the Word document? again, thank you so much for your help.

HI @esjimenezp ,

That is similar to one of my forms - I save them as Multiple Lines of Text (see blog), then in the Flow, first make a file in OneDrive using Base64toBinary conversion and then use the content of that file in the Word Merge field.

great @WarrenBelz Now, I can create the both signatures, but when I submitted the form it creates in a different ID the image

1.jpg

I created two flows to save the image into SharePoint (works well).

This is the code I used in the app to generate the image of the Manager signature form1

With({wJSON: JSON(PenInput1.Image,IncludeBinaryData)},
    Set(varJSON,Mid(wJSON,24,Len(wJSON) - 24)));
SubmitForm(Form1);
Navigate(EmployeeSign,Fade)

In the form1 I use this code:

Ww_ManagerSign.Run(Self.LastSubmit.ID,varJSON)

In the second form form2 I have this code to generate the image of the employee:

With({wJSON: JSON(PenInput2.Image,IncludeBinaryData)},
    Set(varJSON2,Mid(wJSON,24,Len(wJSON) - 24)));
SubmitForm(Form2);
Navigate(Success,Fade)

In the form2 I use this code:

Ww_EmployeeSign.Run(Self.LastSubmit.ID,varJSON2)

The image are created well but I need to save the second image into the same ID.

Any help I really appreciate, thanks for your kind support 👋

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,287)