cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

SaveData not woking as expected on android mobile with sharepoint data source

Hi,

I have an app that will collect user input data into a collection which I then use the SaveData() to cache the data onto the mobile device. I do this to allow the users to continue using the app when there is limited network connectivity.

This functioned as expected when saving the data to a excel file via Onedrive data source, however when I switched to store my data into a sharepoint list datasource my app nolonger works as expected when using the SaveData() & LoadData() functions.

(It wont execute anything after the savedata function.)

Also worth mentioning is the app worked via the web browser experiance, I am aware the SaveData() wont work in a browser but what I find intresting is that it executed the rest of the code after SaveData() in the browser.

• If I switch back to Onedrive excel datasource - App works properly with offline capabilities.
  • with Sharepoint List Datasource I have to remove all SaveData() & LoadData() functionsto get the app to work with no offline capability.

Has anyone else had this issue or has any advise?

Code to collect data:

Set(ReportFinish,Now());Set(ReportDuration,DateDiff(ReportStart,ReportFinish,Seconds));Set(EventDate,EventDateSelector.SelectedDate);Set(LoneWorker,LoneWorkerToggle.Value);Set(PublicRisk,PublicRiskToggle.Value);Set(LostTimeInjury,LostTimeToggle.Value);
Collect(
    RecordToSend, 
    Table(
            {
				ReportId: ReportGuid,
				ReportStart: ReportStart,
				ReportFinish: ReportFinish,
				ReportDuration: ReportDuration,
				UserId: First(MyProfileCollection).Id,
				UserName: First(MyProfileCollection).DisplayName,
				UserEmail: First(MyProfileCollection).Mail,
				ManagerName: First(ManagerCollection).DisplayName,
				ManagerId: First(ManagerCollection).Id,
				ManagerEmail: First(ManagerCollection).Mail,
				ReportType: SelectedReport.value,
				ReportCategory: SelectedCause.parent,
				ReportGroup: SelectedCause.group,
				ReportCause: SelectedCause.value,
				ReportEvent: SelectedEvent.value,
				ReportNote: ReportNote,
				ContractName: SelectedContract.value,
				ContractEmail: SelectedContract.email,
				ReportStatus: "Sent",
				EventDate: EventDate,
				LoneWorker: LoneWorker,
				PublicRisk: PublicRisk,
				LostTimeInjury: LostTimeInjury
            }
        )
    );SaveData(RecordToSend,"RecordToSendLocal");Navigate(OutboxScreen,ScreenTransition.None)

Code To Send Data

If(Connection.Connected && CountRows(RecordToSend)>0,UpdateContext({ViewLoader:true});Collect('Positive Intervention',RecordToSend);Clear(RecordToSend);SaveData(RecordToSend,"RecordToSendLocal");UpdateContext({ViewLoader:false}), SaveData(RecordToSend,"RecordToSendLocal"))
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: SaveData not woking as expected on android mobile with sharepoint data source

There has been an update on the android store which seems to have fixed the issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: SaveData not woking as expected on android mobile with sharepoint data source

I have tested the SaveData() function on windows 10 PowerApps app and it also seems to fail. Does this feature no longer work?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

There has been an update on the android store which seems to have fixed the issue

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,841)