cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkaufman
Frequent Visitor

Saving Office 365 People Picker to SharePoint. Name doesn't display in SharePoint list, but will be displayed in Gallery

I have a SharePoint list that has a people picker column (Foreman) and a form in PowerApps to create new records. The ComboBox for the People Picker is set up as follows:

Items: Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: ForemanComboBox.SearchText})

DefaultSelectedItems: //DEFAULT FOREMAN IS LOOKED UP FROM ANOTHER LIST BASED ON ITEM ID ENTERED IN ANOTHER FIELD. ABLE TO MODIFY AS NEEDED//

First(
Office365Users.SearchUser(
{
searchTerm: LookUp(
LookupList,
ItemID = ItemID_DataCard.Update,
'Foreman'
)}))

Update: {
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(ForemanComboBox.Selected.Mail),
DisplayName: ForemanComboBox.Selected.DisplayName,
Department: "",
Email: ForemanComboBox.Selected.Mail
}

When I click into the Update field, it is returning a record as expected that should be saved to SharePoint:

jkaufman_0-1659665908513.png

However, when I submit the form, the Foreman column in the SharePoint list remains blank. The curious thing is if I recall the SharePoint list back into the app through a gallery, it will display the Foreman information as I submitted it. If I pull the list into PowerBI, it's populated. If I export the SharePoint list to Excel the Foreman is populated. If I export to CSV, it is NOT populated. 

WHAT IS HAPPENING THAT SOMETIMES THE PEOPLE PICKER IS POPULATED AND SOMETIMES IT IS NOT??????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

No, I have not done anything with the SharePoint list, just created the columns. Creating a new view also did not make the name appear.  Unfortunately I just think the column is bad for no explainable reason. I created a new people picker column and was able to get it to work with no issues. Thank you for the responses!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,
Can you please try below formula in Update property of the people picker - 
{
Claims: "i:0#.f|membership|" & Lower(ForemanComboBox.Selected.Mail),
DisplayName: ForemanComboBox.Selected.DisplayName,
Department: "",
Email: ForemanComboBox.Selected.Mail,

JobTitle: "",
Picture: ""
}

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, the result is the same. It still doesn't display the name in the SharePoint List. 

jkaufman_0-1659702300717.png

Have you added any JSON code in column formatting ?
Create another sharepoint view and check if the value is visible

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

No, I have not done anything with the SharePoint list, just created the columns. Creating a new view also did not make the name appear.  Unfortunately I just think the column is bad for no explainable reason. I created a new people picker column and was able to get it to work with no issues. Thank you for the responses!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,981)