Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dimi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Saving PowerApp "App" bug

Hi all

This is so annoying to me, whenever I am saving a PowerApp (Ctrl + s) I am getting the saving screen from powerapps.

However, directly after that, WITHOUT changing anything else, if i go to File (upper left corner) i can see that i can save again (attachment save 2.jpg). After doing this, i can publish (attachment save 3.jpg) and you can see attachment save 4.jpg as result from that. Directly after that, WITHOUT changing anything I can go trough the same proces over and over again...

Why?

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dimi ,

What do you mean Ctrl+s to save one App to save one new, or just save its changes?

I test on my side, when you create one new App and then Ctrl+S, it will get the saving screen and you need to edit its name and then save, however, if you just modify its content and then Ctrl+S, it will be saved directly.

20190320Ctrl+s1.PNG

20190320Ctrl+s2.PNG

Best Regards.

Yumia

dimi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @v-yuxima-msft 

No not a New app but to save the changes.

The problem is not that i can't save, please read the description carefully and the steps.

The issue for me is that there is an Infinite loop of "saving" while there is NOTHING to save.

Hi @dimi ,

Okay, I  meet one similar problem  a few days before but mine is one infinite loop of "log", after I tried clear cache and cookies and there is no change, then I change another browser and that is ok.

So could you please try to clear cookies or cache in your browser or try with another one?

If the issue already exists, please PowerApps support link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

dimi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @v-yuxima-msft 

I already tried other browsers and besides, I am using the recommended browser Chrome.

This is by design according to me, but is not a decent design.

This creates a huge amount of Versions if saving a lot AND above all, you are never sure that you have saved due to this.

dimi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I had a call with Microsoft and they advised me that there is no need to save (Ctrl + S) IF the option under 

File => Account => Auto save

is ON, you don't need to save it manually.

I do understand this and will do it that way, in the hope this option will always work but i will not accept here as a solution since it really isn't any resolution to this behavior.

Any feedback at any time is always welcome ofcourse!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (89,759)