cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver II
Resolver II

Saving a Blank Date on a date comlumn it's impossible.

Hello!

I have a powerapps of a SharePoint list Form and I've tried every possible thing that comes to my mind to be able to edit an element and change the value of a date column (that contains a date) into blank, null or empty and then save it.

Whenever I save it just keep the former value on the element.

Here's the closer I've got, this is on the DatacardValue of the Date Datacard. I need to become empty whenever I select an option in a Selection button.

If(
    Radio1.Selected.Value = "Desaprobado"; DateValue(Blank()); Parent.Default
    )

I know it puts the Blank() in the DatacardValue because I can see the example text, but when I save it nothing happens to the element and if click edit again it still has his old value.

I can provide Images if necessary.

THANKS!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FacundoGorla ,

Do you want to write a Null value back to the Date type column in your SP list using PowerApps form?

It is an known issue within PowerApps, we could not write a Blank value back to Date type column in SP List directly. As an alternative solution, please take a try with the following workaround:

Firstly, you need to turn on the "Formula-level error management" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app. Then configure the Date fied data card in your Edit form (SharePointForm1) as below:6.JPG

Set the DefaultDate property of the DatePicker control within the Date field data card to following:

If(Radio1.Selected.Value="PowerApps", Blank(), Parent.Default)

On your side, you may type following:

If(Radio1.Selected.Value = "Desaprobado"; Blank(); Parent.Default)

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-feature-error-handling-and-writing-null-values-to-dat...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FacundoGorla ,

Do you want to write a Null value back to the Date type column in your SP list using PowerApps form?

It is an known issue within PowerApps, we could not write a Blank value back to Date type column in SP List directly. As an alternative solution, please take a try with the following workaround:

Firstly, you need to turn on the "Formula-level error management" option within Advanced settings of App settings of your app. Then configure the Date fied data card in your Edit form (SharePointForm1) as below:6.JPG

Set the DefaultDate property of the DatePicker control within the Date field data card to following:

If(Radio1.Selected.Value="PowerApps", Blank(), Parent.Default)

On your side, you may type following:

If(Radio1.Selected.Value = "Desaprobado"; Blank(); Parent.Default)

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-feature-error-handling-and-writing-null-values-to-dat...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

That formula was the first I tried and didn't work but with the "Formula-level error management" enabled it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the suggestion, I wont be able to figured out. 

BTW what does that option actually do? If you don't mind explaining me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,002)