cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darren2170
Frequent Visitor

Saving a generator Barcode to Jpg

Hello, 

I have an image item set to a barcode generator website that produces a barcode based on a value I enter. I can't seem to save this image as an image format in a list or document library,  I believe it is because it's a linked image instead of a static one. I've tried many different flows to get it to save as a image, or even pdf. I think it may be due to the uri?? any help would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @darren2170 :

It's so exciting, I just did a test and it finally succeeded! I can't wait to share my solution with you.

The point is Upload file from RUL action

1\Add a flow(UploadaphototoSharePointfromPowerApps)

1.JPG

2\Add a button control:
OnSelect(There may be a sequence problem of the two parameters, which can be adjusted according to the situation):

UploadaphototoSharePointfromPowerApps.Run("https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code=12345&style=197&type=C128B&width=115&height=50&xres=1&font=3",Text(Now()))

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KrishnaV
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @darren2170 ,

Please see the below step by step video explaining how to save the image/files to a document library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XsWgVnR7SU&t=759s

This is a video created by a reputed MVP and dual super user @RezaDorrani .

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darren2170 :

I used a similar method, and after testing throughout the morning, I found that it was indeed impossible to save it as a picture. So I found an alternative

The point is using  Encodian

I've made a test for your reference:

1\add a textinput box(TextInput4)

2\add a flow(MyFlow)

1_LI.jpg

3\Add a button(start)

OnSelect:

Set(VarVarVar,MyFlow.Run(TextInput4.Text).image)

4\Add a button(launch)//Open the sharing link and view the generated pictures in the SP library

Launch(VarVarVar)

3.gif

Best Regards,

Bof

Thank you for your response. I would rather not pay for the Encodian service. If I can get the following example (attachment) to save as an image in a list or azure blob storage, my program will work.. but it won't allow me to save it...

Hi @darren2170 :

It's so exciting, I just did a test and it finally succeeded! I can't wait to share my solution with you.

The point is Upload file from RUL action

1\Add a flow(UploadaphototoSharePointfromPowerApps)

1.JPG

2\Add a button control:
OnSelect(There may be a sequence problem of the two parameters, which can be adjusted according to the situation):

UploadaphototoSharePointfromPowerApps.Run("https://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/image.php?code=12345&style=197&type=C128B&width=115&height=50&xres=1&font=3",Text(Now()))

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Bof

Thank you some much it worked!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,414)