Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MiniMe_83
Helper III
Helper III

Saving a new attachment to list item by press of a button

Hi,

I have an app which takes certain data from some fields and creates a word document. Simple.

It currently saves to a document library on SharePoint but I’m hoping to save it to the list item the data is being created from.

When it comes to the folder path section in the flow on create file, there isn’t anything which will allow me to point at the current item attachments I’m working from. 

Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

Please have a look at my Blog in this section - you just send the ID of the item you want the file to attach to.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

In Power Automate, there is an item "Add Attachment" - if you send the ID of the current item in the Flow, you can attach the file to it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Hi @WarrenBelz,

Thanks for the tip, Im not 100% sure how I would incorporate it into my existing flow...... another element of SharePoint / PowerApps I need to learn more in depth.

The current flow is triggered by a button within the app, the app is connected to various SP Lists. The flow populates a word doc template with fields from the app and then saves it to a SharePoint Document library.

What I'm after is for the document to be saved into a specific (different each time) SharePoint List item, I can point part of the create file path at the correct SharePoint list (the list will always be the same), its just making sure it gets saved to the correct item within the list.  

The list has a column labelled "Item Number" and each item has a unique number every time. Im hoping to use this but again how I do it isn't clear.

Thanks for your help!

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

Please have a look at my Blog in this section - you just send the ID of the item you want the file to attach to.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (76,078)