cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonSnow97

Saving a signature as a picture?

Hello, im building my first app on PowerApps (or anywhere really) and i'm struggling with one detail. I have a form where you have 3 types of tickets and each worker selects the type of ticket and enters on a second screen. 

On this second screen you have an option from a drop list to choose how many tickets you have received and a pen signature option. Now i want it to be able to do 2 things. First every time someone signs it, i wanna be able to save that on an excel list or any other option where i can confirm who received it and who hasn't yet. The second thing is i wanna save the pen signature as an image so i can have an evidence that the worker got his tickets. 

Someone can help? 

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonSnow97 ,

Could you tell me your data source?

1)If you want to update with current user's name/ email, you could try User() function.

User().Email  

--represent current user's email address

User().FullName

--represent current user's fullname

2)If you want to update with the image of the peninput control, you could use this to represent its image:

PenInput name.Image

Also, if you want to save the images to excel, you need to create a column named fieldname[image] to store images.

For example: signature[image]

You could try to set the submit button's OnSelect:

Patch(table,Defaults(table),{field1:User().FullName,signature[image]:PenInput name.Image,....})

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EricLott
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The image content for a Pen Input is accessible with this code:

PenInput1.Image

You can use that to pass image content to Flow (my preferred method) or send in an email, etc..

To save content to an excel sheet, you'll use the Collect() and Patch() functions. See their documentation here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-clear-collect-clearc...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-patch

---
If this answered your question, please click "Accept Solution". If this helped, please Thumbs Up.

v-yutliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonSnow97 ,

Could you tell me your data source?

1)If you want to update with current user's name/ email, you could try User() function.

User().Email  

--represent current user's email address

User().FullName

--represent current user's fullname

2)If you want to update with the image of the peninput control, you could use this to represent its image:

PenInput name.Image

Also, if you want to save the images to excel, you need to create a column named fieldname[image] to store images.

For example: signature[image]

You could try to set the submit button's OnSelect:

Patch(table,Defaults(table),{field1:User().FullName,signature[image]:PenInput name.Image,....})

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (3,037)