cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Saving captured image to excel file

I have used the "Site Inspection Template" to create a powerapp.  I connected to my excel spreadsheet and all is okay.  However the location of the camera photos is: /Library/Caches/powerAppsTemp in my excel file.  As soon as I close the powerapp they disappear.    I am not sure where to go from here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Janice

7 REPLIES 7
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Janice,

Thank you for reporting this issue and I apologize for any inconvenience.  I have reproduced this issue on iOS and opened a ticket with the product team to address it.

Regards,

Chris

Thanks for the quick reponse, Chris.  Look forward to hearing a solution.

Hi Janice,

Has this issue been resolved yet? I seem to have the same symptoms as she had back in August.

thank you for an update.

Audrie

This issue has been fixed in the latest iOS release (2.0.540).

Cheers,

Chris

I'm still getting the issue. My current build number is 2.0.540 on iPhone 6S (updated on November 2nd)

Sorry you're still seeing this issue. Where is you Excel spreadsheet located? (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc). This will help us narrow down the issue you're seeing. Thanks!

I am storing my file in OneDrive

I have a folder called CameraTest

and in that folder I have my excel file template that looks like this (notice the last one is missing the jpg suffix), I deleted the rows with /Library/Caches/PowerAppsTeam because there is no corresponding photo in the photos folder for those.

listoflinks.PNG

Through the magic of the camera it also created a folder within that container called

PhotoLinks_images

The inside of that folder looks like this:

photos.PNG

The Patch statement:

Patch(ImageTable,Defaults(ImageTable),
{Image:MyCamera.Photo,Tag: DataCardValue1.Text});SubmitForm(EditForm1)

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (74,272)