cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Saving data from powerapps to SP lists person/Group column

@v-micsh-msft , I'm trying to patch a multi-select person field in a list using a collection which contains a column that is a single-select person field.

So, the collection contains the columns:

["Title"(text),"Username"(single-select person field),<some other columns that don't matter>]

The items in the collection are from a "Mentors" list and I have a "Requests" list. The idea is that a request will be sent to one or more mentors, and in the Requests list there is a multi-select person field (SentTo) to record to whom the request was sent.

I'm sure this is possible, but can't figure out the syntax. I've tried variations of Table, Concat and ForAll, but PowerApps is not having any of them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Saving data from powerapps to SP lists person/Group column

Hi,

I am new to the use of SP List as data connector to my Papp. I do a Patch formula pasted below. There is an issue with passing an attribute which is text into SP list to variable that is type Person/Group i.e. RequestedBy. From some research, I have learned about the section after RequestedBy in the formula below but have such little knowledge do not know if going in the right direction. Any suggestion greatly appreciated. RequestedByAutoInput is the Papps variable which basically captures the User().Fullname value. Lastly, all other information is passed okay to the SP List since all these variable are identified as Single Line text in SP.

Patch(

CertRegistrationProcess, Defaults(CertRegistrationProcess),

{CertReqID: CertReqID.Text,

RequestedBy: {'@odata.type':"#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpanderUser",
Claims:" “,
Department:" ",
DisplayName: RequestedByAutoInput.Text
Email: “ ”,
JobTitle:" ",
Picture:" "},

RequestorEmail: RequestorEmailAutoInput.Text,

RegistrationDate: RegistrationDateAutoInput.Text,

CertTypeID: CertTypeID.Text,

CertName: CertName.Text,

CertCompany: CertCompany.Text,

CertCompanyID: CertCompanyID.Text,

ExamRequestDate: ExamRequestDate.SelectedDate,

ExamRequestTime: ExamRequestTime.Selected.Value,

CertDateComplete: CertDateComplete.SelectedDate,

RequesterComments: RequesterComments.Text,

Office365UserID: Office365UserID.Text

}

)

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,654)