cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aimthedame
Resolver I
Resolver I

Saving data specific to a technician

I need help thinking this through. I have an app that is used by service technicians to order replacement parts for the parts they have used from their vans. The tech scans a barcode when they remove it from their van and the number of items "On Hand" subtracts one. The problem is that the "On Hand" number is going to be different for all of my technicians. I was thinking of creating an inventory screen where the inventory specific to that vehicle could be saved on exit and loaded on start for example. I currently use a SharePoint list with column for each technician that updates when they scan but not sure this is the best solution. All ideas are appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
akandis
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @Aimthedame 

Then your problems is that you have different number of pieces and this is not reflected in real time to the other Technicians? In caso of yes what's the average time on this process? 

I'm trying tonu

Not sure if I understand your question. It only takes seconds to scan an item from the truck stock and update the SharePoint list column for that technician. The problem with the SharePoint list is that it is a bit of a maintenance nightmare when people are added or removed. The next person to support this process may not know how to make the necessary changes.

I probably should add that at the end of the work week the techs submit the list of replacement parts needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,622)