cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Saving image from camera to jpg and saving the link in the item im currently working on

Hi Guys,

Ive got an app that a user goes to a Camerascreen and takes as many images as they would like (I have a flow that changes the images to jpg and uploads them to a document folder on sharepoint) and then when they are done they return back to another screen and finish the list.

However my issue is the images are seperated from the list item with no way to say those images belong to that list item. Can i somehow attach the images in a hyperlink to that sharepoint item once i submit the form? 

Has anyone done this before? 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Saving image from camera to jpg and saving the link in the item im currently working on

Hi @shaneOZ ,

How do you collect these captured images within your app? Using Collection?

Do you pass a collection of images from your app to your flow?

Why not fire your flow when you submit the form data to your SP List in your app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you want to attach the captured multiple images into single one item (submitted from your app) in your SP List, is it true?

The user @Ajilakes has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Capture-Image-and-Save-as-Attachment...

On your side, you should pass a collection of images from your app to your flow via the JSON(ImageDataCollection, JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData) formula. Then within your flow, you should convert the JSON string value into a JSON Table using json function, then add a "Apply to each" action, set the Input box to the converted JSON Table (may be a json expression, e.g. json(outputs('Compose')) ). Within the "Apply to each" action, add a "Add attachment" action to add image data from the JSON table into the submitted record iteratively (in a loop).

Please take a try with above solution I provided, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: Saving image from camera to jpg and saving the link in the item im currently working on

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Why not fire your flow when you submit the form data to your SP List in your app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think you want to attach the captured multiple images into single one item (submitted from your app) in your SP List, is it true?

The user @Ajilakes has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Capture-Image-and-Save-as-Attachment...

On your side, you should pass a collection of images from your app to your flow via the JSON(ImageDataCollection, JSONFormat.IncludeBinaryData) formula. Then within your flow, you should convert the JSON string value into a JSON Table using json function, then add a "Apply to each" action, set the Input box to the converted JSON Table (may be a json expression, e.g. json(outputs('Compose')) ). Within the "Apply to each" action, add a "Add attachment" action to add image data from the JSON table into the submitted record iteratively (in a loop).

Best regards,

Is this much different of from this? This is what i have been working on

fasfasf.png

However i cant currently get more than one link in the field once i patch this into a html column (badly trying to make it a hyperlink)

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Based on the flow configuration that you provided, I think the solution I mentioned above is different from yours. Have you taken a try with the solution I provided above?

Do you pass a collection of images data from your app to your flow?

According to your flow's configuration, I assume that you want to create related image (.jpg) file within your SP Library based on the created SP List item, is it true? But within my solution, I recommend that you should attach multiple images files (pass from app) as attachments of the submitted SP List item.

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think it is not necessary to store the image file into a SP Library, instead, you could consider attach the passed image files as attachments of the submitted SP List Item record.

I think the solution I provided above could achieve your needs, please consider take a try with it, then check if it is helpful in your scenario.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Best regards,

A couple of things im stuck on one is on the add attachment part of the flow, 

the file input and file name, i cannot read the code to figure that part out and is this solution for just one image or several?

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@v-xida-msft wrote:

Hi @shaneOZ ,

Based on the flow configuration that you provided, I think the solution I mentioned above is different from yours. Have you taken a try with the solution I provided above?

Do you pass a collection of images data from your app to your flow?

According to your flow's configuration, I assume that you want to create related image (.jpg) file within your SP Library based on the created SP List item, is it true? But within my solution, I recommend that you should attach multiple images files (pass from app) as attachments of the submitted SP List item.

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think it is not necessary to store the image file into a SP Library, instead, you could consider attach the passed image files as attachments of the submitted SP List Item record.

I think the solution I provided above could achieve your needs, please consider take a try with it, then check if it is helpful in your scenario.

Best regards,

Could you break down this step by step? 

Im lost,

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,468)