cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LKMead
Frequent Visitor

Saving last selection drop down list

Hi There

Im new to power apps and needing bit of a hand.

Ive created separate drop down lists that overlay a map. The drop down list data contains the names of workers that will be working in that area. When the worker is selected from the drop down list how do I get that value to stay there(even when app closes), So when someone else opens that screen/app they can see the last selection made in the same dropdown list box

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@LKMead ,

Create a list with one field and one record (I will call it Workers with the field Worker here) and link it to your App.

On the OnChange of the Drop-down

Patch(
   Workers,
   {ID:1},
   (Worker:Self.Selected.Value}
)

Note .Value may be different depending on the Items of your Dropdown.

Now the Default of your Drop-down

LookUp(
   Workers,
   ID=1
).Worker

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @LKMead ,

The only way to do that is to save the value in a data source - it would not be difficult to do, but you would need a separate list to store the field in. Happy to assist further if this is what you want to do.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz if you could give me a bit of a step by step that would be awesome cheers

@LKMead ,

Create a list with one field and one record (I will call it Workers with the field Worker here) and link it to your App.

On the OnChange of the Drop-down

Patch(
   Workers,
   {ID:1},
   (Worker:Self.Selected.Value}
)

Note .Value may be different depending on the Items of your Dropdown.

Now the Default of your Drop-down

LookUp(
   Workers,
   ID=1
).Worker

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,407)