cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Saving new entry on SharePoint list and flows

Hi @WarrenBelz

I’m a novice compared to probably most people here but I’m hoping to get some help regarding my SP list which I’m trying to create.

When adding a new entry via desktop, after completing the form, which doesn't have any required fields, and selecting save, nothing seems to happen. If I were to navigate to the same list and add a new entry via a mobile device, it successfully saves, albeit it doesn't look or perform how I would like to.

The ultimate goal is to have the entries saved (just the information added added in the form) and to have the new entry allocated a unique reference number. Once saved an email is then sent to the submitter confirming the enquiry has been successfully logged and has been allocated a reference number.

There are further flows I wish to add which I'm hoping to add myself but I just need to get to a point where entries are actually being saved.

Thanks for your help, hopefully it's not a tricky one.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

Firstly, SharePoint/Power Apps should have created this form for you with all the correct settings - did you modify some after this was created?

As to the Item- put in 

SharePointIntegration.Selected

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @MiniMe83 ,

First question - can you please give me the code on the Save button and the Item property of your form.

Second question - the best number to use is probably the ID number automatically created by SharePoint on new records. There are processes to create other sequential numbers, but sometimes if all you want it a bigger number, add something to the ID.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz

The item field on the form is blank which I’m assuming isn’t good. I’m not sure how to find the code of the save button as I can’t seem to find it on the Power Apps interface. Can you tell I’m a novice. Sorry if this is painful.

Thanks for your help

Hi @MiniMe83 ,

Can you please send me a screenshot of your form so I can refer to the controls.

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Please see the screenshots taken, Im not 100% sure which ones you need. The only save button is the one seen in one of the screenshots..... Hopefully this will be useful if not please let me know.

Thanks for your help

Helper II
Helper II

Hi @WarrenBelz

I’ve had to use my work email account to login as my iPhone Power Apps app doesn’t seem to like my personal account to which I used to create MiniMe83. I’ve tried to make it obvious though with the new accounts username 😀

I just wanted to say that if the pictures I have sent aren’t suitable please let me know as I’m really stuck and will appreciate your help on this.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Hi @MiniMe_83 ,

Firstly, SharePoint/Power Apps should have created this form for you with all the correct settings - did you modify some after this was created?

As to the Item- put in 

SharePointIntegration.Selected

View solution in original post

Hi @WarrenBelz

It originally started with me having a look at what power apps can do and it kind of evolved From there. I’ve probably done it backwards.

I’ll put the setting in as you mentioned, are you still interested in the save button code? I’m still not entirely sure where to find it but happy to provide this if you can guide me to it.

Thanks again for replying!!!

Thanks @MiniMe_83 ,

The Save code is in the SharePointIntegration (at left) OnSave event and should say

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1)

If you want to close the form directly after the Save, add this

SubmitForm(SharePointForm1);
RequestHide()

Hi @WarrenBelz 

IT NOW SAVES, EXCELLENT!! Thanks you - Any idea how I can get the reference number we spoke about? 

I'm now trying to change the setting of a column so instead of it being a single line, I would like it to be set to currency. I've gone into the settings via the sharepoint list, chosen the column / settings and selected the currency option but I get an error saying it can't be saved at this time, please try again.

I also tried via power apps and the only options available are single line, multiple line or password.

Any idea whats going on here?

Thanks again for your patience  and help!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (95,159)