Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Saving or Editing a Record in Share Point

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your help, after 12 hours trying to resolve this, I can't figure out.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

Any way today is another day. Let's see.

BTW, do you mind to give me an advice with another issue that I have now?

Let me explain:

I have two SPL "Employees" and "Orders"

My employees has this data structure"

ID | Employee Name | Department | Active

1  |   Employee A   | Production | Yes

2  |   Employee B   | Sales           | Yes

3  |   Employee C   | Sales          | No

and in my "Orders Table" I have a Lookup column that is taking the "ID" "EmployeeID" from the Employees List.

So far so good.

Now in my app, I have my gallery, when I click to edit my gallery in the drop down field for the Employee I see the ID's from my Employees Lists. If I switch to other number the app save the change. But I would like to see instead the ID number, the employee name. and then when I select another person, the valued saved is in fact the ID.

Also as you can see my list is all of the employees form all areas. I want to keep simple and just add a condition for instance in one combo box condition = If employee is equal to production show the employees that matches and also if is active.

Too complicated?

Sorry

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: Saving or Editing a Record in Share Point

Hi @sajarac ,

Please ensure that in your lookup column of the list as name from the employee list so that you can see the name directly on the form.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,064)