cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate V
Advocate V

Saving/viewing data between collection and data source

So my app consists of a user form that is completed over several screens and uses 2 SP data sources. There is also a reviewer gallery where the reviewer can view/search all the entries, edit some fields which need to patch back to one of the data sources, and also navigate to the full form which I hope will be the same screens that the user edits from.

Mainly to avoid delegation issues, I created a collection for the reviewer gallery which is filtered on the data source (Projects). On select of the button that takes the reviewer to their edit form, I set a variable (varReview) to ThisItem. Then Items of my Edit form is set to varReview. The data source for the form is Projects. The first issue I'm having is that I can't get the Patch on my submit button to work. 
I have tried Patch(LookUp(Projects, ProjectName = varReview.ProjectName), varReview). Also tried referencing the ProjectName to the column in gallery.selected and finally added the ProjectName field to the form then referenced that value. I don't get any errors with these options but the lookup can't be working because nothing saves to the data source.

The second issue I have is that I can't display the user's form from the reviewer's gallery. The items of the user's form is set to another variable (varProjects) and the data source is Projects. If I try to set the variable to varProjects when selecting the item from the Reviewer's gallery, it just does not like this. I'm guessing the issue is that the item in my collection is seen as different to the item of my user form because that is linked to the data source itself. If that is the case, how can I get around it? 

1 REPLY 1
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @calvares ,

You are missing the table to Patch in the first one -

Patch(
   Projects,
   {ProjectName:varReview.ProjectName}, 
   varReview
)

For the second one, what error are you getting? Also you might try

LookUp(
   Projects,
   ID=varProjects.ID
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (62,179)