cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ejdregmans
Frequent Visitor

Scan ID and update one record for that ID

Hi,

I am working on an app to check in and out employees by only scaning their barcode.

I have a simple sharepointlist with all employees with their unique number=barcode.

I use a statusfield with status = Yes or No to identify if the employee is present or away.

By scanning the barcode, a timer starts with 4 seconds the status should be changed from yes to no or from no to yes without a submit button

How should I write the patch to scan and update the record?

So far I have:

Patch(aanwezigheidMedewerkers;
LookUp(aanwezigheidMedewerkers;'medewerker number'=BarcodeScanner1_1.Value);
{status: No}
)

(yes I know I have to add an ifstatement to check if current status is yes or no but first I want to make it work for yes to no change.)

Can someone help me out?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ejdregmans ,

Do you want to update an existing record in your SP List via scanning the unique barcode for each employee?

Actually, I think it is not necessary to add a Timer control to achieve your needs. I think the OnScan property of the BarcodeScanner control could achieve your needs.

Please set the OnScan property of the BarcodeScanner control to following:

Patch(
      aanwezigheidMedewerkers;
      {
                   LookUp(aanwezigheidMedewerkers;'medewerker number'=BarcodeScanner1_1.Value).status = true,
                   false,
                   true
                )
      }
)

Note: When assigning value to Yes/No type column in SP List, you need to use true or false Boolean value

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@ejdregmans 

Set(currentRecord, LookUp(aanwezigheidMedewerkers;'medewerker number'=BarcodeScanner1_1.Value));
Patch(
    aanwezigheidMedewerkers;
    currentRecord;
    {
                       Yes, No,
                       No, Yes
                )
    }
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Thanks     @mdevaney  but I am struggling to get your code working.

I get several errors and could not resolve it myself. Could you please have a look and test it? I am quite new in Powerapps....screenshot_patch.PNG Thanks in advance!

@ejdregmans 

What column type is Status?  Text or Yes/No?

Status is Yes/No with required checked on

@ejdregmans 

OK, then we cannot use the words YES & NO like you had initially.  We must instead use true & false as shown below.

Set(currentRecord, LookUp(aanwezigheidMedewerkers;'medewerker number'=BarcodeScanner1_1.Value));
Patch(
    aanwezigheidMedewerkers;
    currentRecord;
    {
                       true, false,
                       false, true
                )
    }
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up." 

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ejdregmans ,

Do you want to update an existing record in your SP List via scanning the unique barcode for each employee?

Actually, I think it is not necessary to add a Timer control to achieve your needs. I think the OnScan property of the BarcodeScanner control could achieve your needs.

Please set the OnScan property of the BarcodeScanner control to following:

Patch(
      aanwezigheidMedewerkers;
      {
                   LookUp(aanwezigheidMedewerkers;'medewerker number'=BarcodeScanner1_1.Value).status = true,
                   false,
                   true
                )
      }
)

Note: When assigning value to Yes/No type column in SP List, you need to use true or false Boolean value

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks a lot. This works! and yes without timer

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,772)