cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bendriscoll
Frequent Visitor

Scheduling tool interfaced with Outlook365...?

Hi all,

Relatively new to Power Apps here and wondering if anyone can give me a pointer or two to help progress a project I'm working on....I'm trying to create a scheduling tool for a small team of colleagues whose workload is centrally allocated. There is a single manager receiving incoming workflow, who will want to have an overview team members' availability in order to easily identify vacant timeslots into which work can be appointed.

I'm using the Office365Outlook.GetEventsCalendarViewV3 function to pull through details of existing diary bookings, and what I'd really like to do is present these visually in my Power App, essentially mirroring Outlook calendars (i.e. where you can view multiple users' calendars alongside/on top of each other). I've been experimenting with plugging the data into galleries but this seems to be a bit of a dead-end.....can anyone think of a way to do something like this, or any plug-ins/integrations I could use? Or is it simply beyond any existing Power Apps functionality?

Grateful for any help as this one has me scratching my head! Thanks in advance

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @bendriscoll ,

Perhaps this is something that will work for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA7pcAOvf10

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @bendriscoll ,

Perhaps this is something that will work for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA7pcAOvf10

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

sorry for late reply - thankyou for the link though, this was helpful. I particularly wanted to replicate the visual scheduling function in Outlook, so I've borrowed some of the code from the PowerApps calendar module and created labels using start/end times in the Y and height properties so that they display in more or less the same way....not perfect but does the trick! Thanks again

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,255)