cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
santosh910
Level: Powered On

Re: Screen Permissions and Access

Good suggestion Shane, thank you for sharing that! I've been following your videos on Youtube even 🙂

Can we also use DL or so instead of individual email IDs? I checked, User can't do that, is there any function or so to work with the distribution lists.

As this will help, to add remove from the DL and we don't need to tweak the app in future if people leave organization.

Please suggest if anything!

Best,

Santosh

santosh910

Re: PowerApps how to provide rights to specific user to view specific screen

@Jdemke  I see, we should use || OR to use, else the the item will be visible only if all the users are available. 

AlexCvts

Hi,

In this case how can PowerApps can knows who are the person that have that emails? I mean, you have to create a collection with specific emails and usernames to function "User()" works? or you only have to share your app and PowerApps take the people´s email.

Mike2500
Level 8

Not sure if I understood your question, but if you're trying to address the challenging of having multiple users and deal with changes to the list of users without having to update the app, you could create a small sharepoint list with the email addresses of the users who need advanced permissions. You could then to a lookup to that list, filtering on the email address of the current user. If the row count of that filtered table is 1, then there's a match, otherwise the user isn't on the list. Pseudocode for this would be something like:

countrows(filter(mysharepointlist,emailaddressfield=currentUsersEmail))=1)

AlexCvts

Hi,

In this case I have an app where I need that only one person can see the bottoms on a screen and other people not. When I share the app with the manager and other user all of them can see all bottoms.

I´ll show you my code:

AlexCvts

So, I don´t know if I need a shareporint list to PowerApps catch the emails, in this case: alex2021@bank.com.mx and alex2020@bank.com.mx

Thank you so much.

Have a nice day 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,542)