Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connor551
Resolver I
Resolver I

Screen Responsiveness - How to visualize

Hey guys!

I've got an app I've designed in portrait mode/mobile phone view.  I'm wondering if there's a way for me to see what I'm designing a bit easier.  It's really tough to design a landscape/computer design when I'm in the portrait/mobile layout.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Connor551
Resolver I
Resolver I

Solution!  I can't believe I'm just now trying this.  

In the Screen's Width/Height properties you can enter in any number and it will resize to whatever screen you're currently designing for!

Before, I've always used App.Width/App.Height in those properties - the problem is you get locked to the actual App setting's screen size.  If you just manually enter the values you can actually see what you're doing without constantly Publishing and waiting for updates.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JayMagness
Super User
Super User

Hi, I am not sure what you are asking you can play and should be in the format you are developing. If you want to make it smaller I recommend using teams and call the app into team and adjust teams to the size you wish.

If you want more detail or want I can setup a teams meeting send a note to Jay@research-nest.com

jay

Sorry for the ambiguity!

I mean, I'm trying to make the app responsive to all screen sizes.  

How can I more easily see the changes I'm making to the desktop view when the designer is in the mobile view.  

Right now I'm having to Publish and open the app.  

KickingApps
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Check out this screen simulator I created for the reason you mention.

If you have questions after looking at it, let me know.

Awesome!  I'll check that out.  

@KickingApps  Sorry, I'm not sure how to install this.  How do I do that?

Download the app(s) and then navigate to create.powerapps.com. There, search for the file you downloaded select it to open.

Connor551
Resolver I
Resolver I

Solution!  I can't believe I'm just now trying this.  

In the Screen's Width/Height properties you can enter in any number and it will resize to whatever screen you're currently designing for!

Before, I've always used App.Width/App.Height in those properties - the problem is you get locked to the actual App setting's screen size.  If you just manually enter the values you can actually see what you're doing without constantly Publishing and waiting for updates.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (55,994)