cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCMCCAUGHEY
Helper I
Helper I

Screen is locking up entire edit environment.

I'm just finishing up a app that has multiple form screens the users fill out and navigate through. At the end I patch all the data together and save it to a SharePoint List. I have one screen, that has decided to stop working. If I open or select it the entire environment locks up. I tried deleting it and even doing that just gives me the loading wheel and it never comes back. I tried commenting out the reset/and patch functions for that screen thinking that maybe I had something weird going on there, but that didn't make any difference. 

Just wondering if anyone else has had an issues like this, and what they did to resolve. There's I can't find a way to edit it out without the screen trying to load. I'm worried I'm going to have to start over if I can't get this screen deleted at a minimum. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CCMCCAUGHEY
Helper I
Helper I

I ended up just working backwards through my autosave versions until I found a spot where the screen wasn't broke. It happened somewhere around when I started implementing my reset and patch buttons So I'm going to be extra attentive to that when I start back on that.  I'm not entirely sure what I did, but PA didn't like it. Fortunately I didn't loose a ton of stuff. 

It's odd to me that just one screen would nuke the whole environment when selected. I got as far as deleting everything inside, but I couldn't save and it would not let me delete the screen entirely. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CCMCCAUGHEY
Helper I
Helper I

I ended up just working backwards through my autosave versions until I found a spot where the screen wasn't broke. It happened somewhere around when I started implementing my reset and patch buttons So I'm going to be extra attentive to that when I start back on that.  I'm not entirely sure what I did, but PA didn't like it. Fortunately I didn't loose a ton of stuff. 

It's odd to me that just one screen would nuke the whole environment when selected. I got as far as deleting everything inside, but I couldn't save and it would not let me delete the screen entirely. 

Hi,

Thanks for your follow up post! I am glad that you were able to get this figured out. Hopefully this will prove useful for future communities users who are having similar issues.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@alrez Unfortunately what ever the issue was carried back far enough on my previous versions that it ended up being more efficient to just start over. I've tried several different ways to remove that page, but it locks over the minute I load that screen. Even if I delete everything off the form it just locks up. form is shuffled the cards. It's very frustrating there isn't a way to load  a page and lock all the automated updating so that the user can make some changed EX. Delete a card without the edit environment trying to instantly update/scan.  I though I had it figured out when I posted my follow up post. 

I would say that restoring is likely the move for other people. I don't know what happened, but the order of all the fields was wrong and they were overlapped in weird ways that lead me to believe that it wasn't on my end. Oh well. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,928)