cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisHH
Advocate II
Advocate II

Screen new property 'LoadingSpinner'

Hey, just found this new property in 'Screen - Advanced' yet there is no documentation yet, any ideas on how to use?

44 REPLIES 44
winj945
Helper I
Helper I

Same question from my site. @Ajithnair621 , did you find any solution for the use of those properties?

No matter if I set LoadingSpinner.Data or LoadingSpinner.Controls to the LoadingSpinner property of my screen, nothing happens. What's the trick there?

An alternative to this is to Hide or Unhide the Loader image based on a variable.
Create a variable with initial value as 'false'. It would be updated true when a particular activity happens (Navigate). When the new screen loads make it 'false'.

https://matthewdevaney.com/power-apps-loading-spinners-saving-spinners-and-progress-bars/

For explanation on why the loading spinner does not work, please refer below link. I had found the below issue after going through multiple community blogs.
Solved: Loading Spinner on Button Click - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your answer!

I think this is a valid approach, which I use in different situations as for instance on submitting a form. On a button, i set OnSelect = UpdateContext({vis: true});; Submit(Form1) and on Form1.OnSuccess/OnFailure = UpdateContext({vis: false}). And the visibility of my preloader component is set to vis. This is easy, as there is no doubt about when to show the preloader and when to hide. However, what would be the approach to hide the preloader at the moment when a screen is fully loaded? (As I don't know, when this is - right?). I know when to show the preloader (Screen.OnVisible) but when to hide ...

Regards and thank you in advance!

Example: Hide it (assign variable as 'false') when the new screen loads - OnVisible.

You can improvise it further.

@Ajithnair621 , could you give further explanation?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,804)