cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: Screen new property 'LoadingSpinner'

Do we have an ETA on when this will be functional?

Lozzi
slalom
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure I'm understanding what this is supposed to be used for. I'm looking for a spinner to show while I click a refresh, and hide once it's complete.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

I believe MS is working on integrating this directly into the app. In the meantime, here is the workaround that I've found works pretty well:

1. loading.io Website to create loading/spinning gifs to be used
    1. create gif, upload to media bank in app (File->Media->Browse->[attach gif])
  2. Insert gif on page
    1. Insert->Media->Image
    2. Set image property to gif name
    3. Set on visible property to context name (for example) "Loading" (without quotes)
    4. Set the PAGE On Visible property to "UpdateContext({Loading:false})"
    5. Set your control (refresh button) OnSelect, start your OnSelect statement with UpdateContext({Loading:true}), Then your refresh statement, then end with UpdateContext({Loading:false}). If you have a navigation action at the end, the last updatecontext can just be included in that.
      1. IE:
      2. OnSelect->UpdateContext({Loading:true}); Refresh('database');UpdateContext(Loading:false})
      3. or
      4. OnSelect->UpdateContext({Loading:true}); Refresh('database');Naviagte([screen name],none,{Loading:false})
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

I've also found this new feature and have applied it to a couple of slow loading screens in my App.  I can't see what the difference between the Data and Controls setting is though.  At least it is more prominent than the 'marching ants' at the top of the screen.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

How were you able to get it working??

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Go to the Screen's advanced settings and put LoadingSpinner.Data or LoadingSpinner.Controls in the Loading Spinner property.

I'm still none the wiser to the difference though.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Weird... it doesn't do anything when I do that. >_<

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

It doesn't last long, maybe you are just missing it?  It seems to stop spinning before the 'marching ants' and the loading of data does too.  I'm not 100% sure it's fully functional yet.

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Honestly, I have found my workaround to work better than the generic one being provided and still use it. With the work around, you can surround exactly which refresh/collects you want to show a loading screen for. If you don't want to include something, you would just put it outside the two update contexts. Everything runs in order.

1. loading.io Website to create loading/spinning gifs to be used
    1. create gif, upload to media bank in app (File->Media->Browse->[attach gif])
  2. Insert gif on page
    1. Insert->Media->Image
    2. Set image property to gif name
    3. Set on visible property to context name (for example) "Loading" (without quotes)
    4. Set the PAGE On Visible property to "UpdateContext({Loading:false})"
    5. Set your control (refresh button) OnSelect, start your OnSelect statement with UpdateContext({Loading:true}), Then your refresh statement, then end with UpdateContext({Loading:false}). If you have a navigation action at the end, the last updatecontext can just be included in that.
      1.  IE:
      2. OnSelect->UpdateContext({Loading:true}); Refresh('database');UpdateContext(Loading:false})
      3. or
      4. OnSelect->UpdateContext({Loading:true}); Refresh('database');Navigate([screen name],none,{Loading:false})
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,529)