cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Screen new property 'LoadingSpinner'

Hey, just found this new property in 'Screen - Advanced' yet there is no documentation yet, any ideas on how to use?

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Svante, nothing happening for me yet with the LoadingSpinner property.

How did you make something happen?

Highlighted

Hi @Meneghino! Nothing really. Got this spinner-not-so-sure-what-to-call-it by set LoadingSpinner.Controls or LoadingSpinner.Data. Seems to be same same. Didnt do anything else, I think.. 

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you @Svante, nothing happened when I set the property to LoadingSpinner.Controls or LoadingSpinner.Data.

Nothing appeared anywhere, not when refreshing data sources or at any other time.

I guess we have to wait until this property gets activated, hopefully soon.

Highlighted

@Meneghino

You get nothing? Strange. To explain a little more what I get and when; the app I work with now is 6 pages / screens and I have some [Back]-buttons with Back(Fade)-function and [Next]-buttons with Navigate(nextpage; Fade). The LoadingSpinner is set per page and the spinner appears when I use any of the Back/Next buttons. If I set it back to LoadingSpinner.None the page just shifts and no loading spinner appears. You did see the attached photo in my last post right?

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Understood @Svante, thank you.

Let's then wait and see when they actually release the feature.

Highlighted

Is it available yet or not?

Highlighted

The workaround works and is actually more adjustable to fit the needs of what you want it to display a load symbol for then what the stock option is proposing.

Highlighted

I get a nice loading spinner (and can set the background with the background image to make it look nicer) when I'm initially loading a page (can't see it in editor mode, have to actually navigate to the page to see it) when it's set to DATA.

I want the CONTROLS however and I can't seem to get anything out of that.  I may try the work around, but I don't like adding more to an already busy screen.

Highlighted

This video explains how the Screen 'LoadingSpinner' property is set and what it does:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=214&v=YfYf-AkY1P8&feature=emb_logo

from 1:10 to 3:30 is where he explains how that 'LoadingSpinner' property works.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Does this feature work?

I have created an Canvas App and set the property for loading spinner to Controls and still does not have any effect on my screens.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,000)