Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Screen to Edit SharePoint Data

Hello,

I am creating an app from the beggining to be used on a tablet. At this app i have a gallery that contains data from a SharePoint List.

Now i want to do a screen that allows me to edit these data when clicking on the gallery item.

But i dont want to use the edit form function, because my layout is complex.

So my necessity is to link the data from the item of the gallery when i click on it without using the an editform.

I am accepting suggestions too on how to deal with this matter.

Thanks for the help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Screen to Edit SharePoint Data

@RodrigoCastelli 
It is going to depend a lot on the controls you use, but for a simple TextInput control let's say, you would set the Default property to    yourGallery.Selected.yourDataColumn

Just replace with the name of your gallery and the name of the column of data you want to have in that control.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RodrigoCastelli 

First question would be - is this a Dropdown or a ComboBox?  Two very different controls.

The key for a Dropdown is to supply a Text value in the Default property that matches something that is in the Items property of that dropdown and the Value displayed in the dropdown.

The key for a ComboBox is to set the DefaultSelectedItems property (Default does not in ComboBox) to a record that Matches completely to a record that is in the Items.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RodrigoCastelli 

You will need to put in all of your own controls to display the data and then you will need to set the default properties of those controls to the selected item in your gallery.

It's all completely doable, but you will have to do it all custom.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @RandyHayes ,

How should i set the properties of my controls to pull this data from the item i selected?

Best regards,

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RodrigoCastelli 
It is going to depend a lot on the controls you use, but for a simple TextInput control let's say, you would set the Default property to    yourGallery.Selected.yourDataColumn

Just replace with the name of your gallery and the name of the column of data you want to have in that control.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks for the support.

It worked very well.

Best regards,

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @RandyHayes ,

Sorry to bother again. 

But i am struggling to make the process with dropdowns.

I'm using on "Default" propertie - (mygallerie.selected.mycollumn)

But the value of the gallerie is not being displayed.

Could you help me?

Best regards,

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@RodrigoCastelli 

First question would be - is this a Dropdown or a ComboBox?  Two very different controls.

The key for a Dropdown is to supply a Text value in the Default property that matches something that is in the Items property of that dropdown and the Value displayed in the dropdown.

The key for a ComboBox is to set the DefaultSelectedItems property (Default does not in ComboBox) to a record that Matches completely to a record that is in the Items.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Thanks @RandyHayes !

It helped me again.

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,873)