Most of the time I work on the web editor of PowerApps but crashes a lot. Now I wanted to test on the desktop but there all my screens are blank? Any idea?
What’s the PowerApps version on your side?
Is this the first time you use desktop studio? Do all the apps you created on Web studio show blank screen when you open them on desktop studio?
On desktop studio, create a new blank app, then click Add data source button, on the Data sources section, could you see all the connections you have created or could you create a new connection?
Please also make sure you are in the proper environment.
I actually started working in the desktop version, then switched to web. I moved from one tenant to another. Environments and everything are set ok.
When I create a new app, I can see my datasources that I use on the web.
Version of desktop 2.0.650, on the web 2.0.652.
Do I need to update? How do I do that?
Desktop studio version on my side is also 2.0.650, but I don’t get same issue.
What’s the OS version on your side? If you are using Windows 10, please go to Store to see if you could get the latest PowerApps version.
You could also try to uninstall and reinstall to see if it will work for you.
Tried uninstalling, but no change there 😞
Any other suggestion? This feels like a bug, defenitely not behaviour by design if you ask me. What do I do with this?
About the apps that screens on desktop PowerApps are blank, are they working fine on Web studio?
If possible, please provide a Session ID for further investigation. You could get the Session ID under File>Account>Diagnostics>Session Details.
Please also provide a screenshot about this issue when you run these apps on desktop studio.
I am not able to reproduce this issue on my side, I will try to involve others to look into this issue.
Thanks for the screenshot and Session ID.
From the screenshot, we know that you are using On-Premise SQL Server as your data source, please make sure you are running the app in default environment.
I have noticed a sentence from your previous post “moved from one tenant to another”, what actions have you made?
Is it the only app that has the issue? How about other apps?
Actually I'm not using an on prem SQL, but SQL Azure. The app is running in the default environment.
When moving from one tenant to another I downloaded the app and imported in PowerApps locally when logged in my new tenant. In the beginning it was working fine. At some point I switched to the online when I started getting problems with the datasources. in the web this was working ok. Now I notice that working on the web is not the best way because of session time out etc..
I have it only with this app because I'm not working on others.
Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.
Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST
Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.
Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!