cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MattTaylor Advocate I
Advocate I

Scroll Bars for Embedded Canvas App on the Model-Driven App Form

Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can help. I've got an canvas app embedded on a model-driven app form and even though I've played with settings on the App I am getting a huge section of white-space below the app, which results in a scroll bar - this is not on the app itself but the section on the model-driven app that the canvas app is embedded: 

scn_gsscroll.png

The app itself is set to 1200 x 400 and I've played with the resize settings in the app settings and neither option removes the scroll bar. The app is embedded in a single-column section on the main form. 

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matt

7 REPLIES 7
Super User
Super User

Re: Scroll Bars for Embedded Canvas App on the Model-Driven App Form

Do you have the scale to fit and lock aspect ratio set to true in the app settings? Can you share a screenshot of the settings page of the app? 

MattTaylor Advocate I
Advocate I

I've tried every combination that I can think of for the settings. If I scale and lock aspect ratio then the app sits half way down this "scrolling" area - i.e. off the screen, still with a large scrolling area, which makes me think it's something to do with the way I've placed it on the model-driven app. 

Super User
Super User

Yes, can you share any details about the layout of your model-driven form? Is it a 2 or 3 column tab/section? I have made many embedded canvas apps and haven't run into this. I even created one yesterday after I read your post just to see if something changed but couldn't replicate. If you would like to review it with me, let me know or if you can provide some more details here, that will be helpful too. 

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

MattTaylor Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Hardit,

It's a single column tab with a single column section. The label is hidden. I have tried putting it into 2 columns but I still get the scroll bar. Even if I set the app to auto-size I still end up with a massive vertical space and scroll bar (the app sits in the middle, so you have to scroll to see it). 

I'll try deleting the tab and starting again. 

Cheers,

Matt

Super User
Super User

Did this ever work for you?
MattTaylor Advocate I
Advocate I

Unfortunately not, deleted and re-created the tab and still have the scroll bars.

Super User
Super User

Is there any way we could do a screenshare to review this?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia
https://thepoweraddict.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,775)