cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keathley
Advocate II
Advocate II

Scroll Issues When Upgraded to 3.18062.26

Hi, I have a PowerApp that is behaving undesirably after the recent update.  Some notes about this app:

Prior to Update

1. App was on version 3.18061.15
  2. App uses Sharepoint lists for data (including some that are used to drive cascaded dropdown fields)
  3. Edit form screen scrolling is smooth and very fluid
  4. Several Yes/No toggle switches drive the visibility of other text fields (if yes, no comment is necessary type of behavior).  This is done by setting the textbox's datacard's visibility formula to the .Value of the toggle switch.
  5. When toggle switches are changed, the screen does not scroll, even though new fields are added / removed.

If I open the application in the designer and save it (making no change other than the text of a label, so that I have the save and publish option) a few things occur:

After Update

1. App is updated to version 3.18062.26
  2. Edit form screen scrolling is now very choppy, sometimes it takes 2-3 swipes to get it to scroll on an iOS device
  3. Changing toggle fields that change the visibility of other fields now causes the form to scroll back to the top of the screen.
  4. These new behaviors go away if I switch the app to Classic render mode (File -> App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Render in classic mode) or if I use version control to roll the prior version back.

My Questions

1. Is there a way I can avoid the "Scroll to top" and choppy screen scrolling without using classic mode?  
  2. How long will classic mode be available?  Is this expected to go away in the future?
  3. Are there release notes specifically for the 3.18062.26 release?  I have only been able to find these which do not seem to include the recent changes.

Thanks in advance,

Joey

11 REPLIES 11

Hi!

I've problems with the scroll too. When I was doing scroll the screen changed the color and it appears all white or grey. My solution was turn off the render option too.

Thanks 

You'll definitely want that Render option turned on if possible since it is about to be permanent in design.

I found that what fixed it for me was to turn on the Show Scrollbar & Show Navigation Bar settings in any Gallery fixed it for me.  I only ever had this issue on iOS, never Android.

@sfreitas wrote:

Hi!

I've problems with the scroll too. When I was doing scroll the screen changed the color and it appears all white or grey. My solution was turn off the render option too.

Thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,014)