cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Scrolling in PowerBI tile without opening PowerBi Dashboard in new tab

Hello,

I have successfully placed a powerbi tile in my power app with a dynamic filter. However the tile is a data table which can be quite large even with filtering. The user is able to scroll, but because of the powerbiinteractions when they release the mouse on the scroll bars it opens a new tab in the browser to the powerbi dashboard. 

Is there any solution that allows the powerbi scroll bars to continue to work in the tile without opening the dashboard when the tile is clicked? If I set powerbiinteractions to false, the scrolling no longer works.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Farquad88 ,

After digging up in the forum I found this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Problem-with-Power-BI-Tile-OnSelect-attribut...

In which it says: It has been fixed in 2018.

While in this blog it says "When clicking on the Power BI tile in your Power App the user will be redirected to Power BI online to do some more in-depth analysis.

In conclusion I think you'll only be able to disable redirect to Power Bi dashboard in a new tab via setting PowerBIInteractions to false, although this will also disable the scroll bars in the tile...

So if you would like this feature be added to Power Apps, you may suggest an idea in PowerApps Idea Forum:

Power Apps Ideas - Power Platform Community

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Farquad88 ,

Could you please share more details about that Power Bi tile?

I made a test with PowerBIInteractions set to true and DisplayMode set to Edit, maybe my tile contains too few items compared to yours, it would not open Power Bi dashboard in a new tab when I click anywhere on the tile.

So could you please check if you have set the OnSelect property of the tile to something with a Launch function?

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helper I
Helper I

@v-jefferni 

Onselect: false

TileURL: "URL"&dynamicfilter

PowerBIInteractions: true

Reset:False

LoadPowerBIConent: true

DisplayMode: displaymode.edit

My tile is a table from PBI, it has ~50 rows and a scroll bar for both vertical and horizontal. If i scroll with my mouse's scroll wheel - no problem. If I use the pointer to scroll with the scroll bar on the tile, it will scroll but on releasing the mouse it opens a tab to the powerbi dashboard. If I scroll using the bar on the tile, but move my mouse off of the tile before releasing the click - no problem (this is obviously not something I can expect users to know) .

I'm not sure why yours is not opening powerbi, any tile i have placed in my app opens to the dashboard when clicked on.

Hi @Farquad88 ,

After digging up in the forum I found this:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Problem-with-Power-BI-Tile-OnSelect-attribut...

In which it says: It has been fixed in 2018.

While in this blog it says "When clicking on the Power BI tile in your Power App the user will be redirected to Power BI online to do some more in-depth analysis.

In conclusion I think you'll only be able to disable redirect to Power Bi dashboard in a new tab via setting PowerBIInteractions to false, although this will also disable the scroll bars in the tile...

So if you would like this feature be added to Power Apps, you may suggest an idea in PowerApps Idea Forum:

Power Apps Ideas - Power Platform Community

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,592)