cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthew12333333
Resolver I
Resolver I

Scrolling in a gallery is laggy

I have a gallery with 20 items, and when I scroll down, it's stop sometimes and I can't scroll for a time. Like 5 seconds later, when I stop scrolling, I redo the scrolling and sometimes it is working. Same issue when scrolling up. Do you know how to fix that? I'm with a list SharePoint.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
matthew12333333
Resolver I
Resolver I

This is my item property:

SortByColumns(
If(TextRechercher.Text=""&&DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Tous";Fiches_1;
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Lot"&&TextRechercher.Text="";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(Chaîne;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(Étape;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Interactif PFC"&&TextRechercher.Text="";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(CodeTransaction;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(NuméroMenu;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Interactif PFI"&&TextRechercher.Text="";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(NomApplicatif;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(NomFenêtre;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Biztalk"&&TextRechercher.Text="";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(DemandeTraitement;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith('Trait. récepteur';RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="No de fiche";Filter(Fiches_1; Value(TextRechercher.Text) = NoFiche);
If(DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Tous";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text));
If(DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Numéro d'incident";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(NumeroIncident;TextRechercher.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Lot"&&DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&TextRechercher.Text<>"";Filter(Fiches_1; StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text)&&StartsWith(Chaîne;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(Étape;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Interactif PFC"&&DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&TextRechercher.Text<>"";Filter(Fiches_1; StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text)&&StartsWith(CodeTransaction;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(NuméroMenu;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Interactif PFI"&&DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&TextRechercher.Text<>"";Filter(Fiches_1; StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text)&&StartsWith(NomApplicatif;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(NomFenêtre;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Biztalk"&&DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&TextRechercher.Text<>"";Filter(Fiches_1; StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text)&&StartsWith(DemandeTraitement;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith('Trait. récepteur';RechercheDroit.Text))
))))))))))));
"ID";
If(NouveauEnDernier; Ascending; Descending)
)

matthew12333333
Resolver I
Resolver I

But when I move my mous, the scrolling is all right, it is when I don't move it that it isn't moving

matthew12333333
Resolver I
Resolver I

SortByColumns(
If(TextRechercher.Text=""&&DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Tous";Fiches_1;
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Lot"&&TextRechercher.Text="";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(Chaîne;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(Étape;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Interactif PFC"&&TextRechercher.Text="";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(CodeTransaction;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(NuméroMenu;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Interactif PFI"&&TextRechercher.Text="";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(NomApplicatif;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(NomFenêtre;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Biztalk"&&TextRechercher.Text="";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(DemandeTraitement;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith('Trait. récepteur';RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="No de fiche";Filter(Fiches_1; Value(TextRechercher.Text) = NoFiche);
If(DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Tous";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text));
If(DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Numéro d'incident";Filter(Fiches_1;StartsWith(NumeroIncident;TextRechercher.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Lot"&&DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&TextRechercher.Text<>"";Filter(Fiches_1; StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text)&&StartsWith(Chaîne;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(Étape;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Interactif PFC"&&DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&TextRechercher.Text<>"";Filter(Fiches_1; StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text)&&StartsWith(CodeTransaction;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(NuméroMenu;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Interactif PFI"&&DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&TextRechercher.Text<>"";Filter(Fiches_1; StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text)&&StartsWith(NomApplicatif;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith(NomFenêtre;RechercheDroit.Text));
If(DropdowntypeDeTraitement.SelectedText.Value="Biztalk"&&DropdownRecherche.SelectedText.Value="Description courte"&&TextRechercher.Text<>"";Filter(Fiches_1; StartsWith(DescriptionCourte;TextRechercher.Text)&&StartsWith(DemandeTraitement;RechercheGauche.Text)&&StartsWith('Trait. récepteur';RechercheDroit.Text))
))))))))))));
"ID";
If(NouveauEnDernier; Ascending; Descending)
)

I wouldn't get hung up on when PowerApps moves and when it doesn't because it is doing an incredible amount of thinking behind the scenes to accomplish this formula. Not to be rude, but this formula is super inefficient and is forcing your returnable items list to recheck itself time and time again with all of your If statements. This "))))))))))))" at the end says it all. You are also asking it to first sort on ID and then again Ascend with NouveauEnDernier, then descend. PowerApps is doing everything you have asked, in the order you have asked it. 

Have your ending be "ID", Descending)) and see if that solves it. If not, try to rewrite your dropdown If's into a single or fewer Filters. The formula is doing an If then filter like 10 times, and this is bogging down your item load and partly creating the movement you are seeing, without giving you feedback that the app is still processing your formula.

matthew12333333
Resolver I
Resolver I

When I erase all and try with Fiches_1 only (my SP list), the bug is still there without the filtering formula. So this is not the problem.

matthew12333333
Resolver I
Resolver I

When I mouse the mouse in the same time of scrolling, I have no bug with and without the filter, do you know why? @Ginko 

Anonymous_Hippo
Super User
Super User

@matthew12333333 Hello Mathew,

I see that users have given lots of good suggestion. In my personal experience i was only able to reduce this lag (follow the suggestion provided in the posts above) but never able to get rid of it unfortunately 😞

I did notice that having the same data in a collection removed this lag

You can read about the same issue in the below post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Fix-Gallery-scrolling-performance-issue/idi-p/1...

Please vote for this idea to fix this issue

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Fix-Gallery-scrolling-performance-issue/idi-p/1...

Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

<
Users online (4,297)