cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trajectcontrole
Level: Powered On

Scrolling issues with conditional fields in SP form

I am building a large form filled with cards from a standard SP form. To make the form a little more easy-to-use I am hiding some cards under several dropdown toggles I built. If users who are filling the forms click open the dropdown toggles all fields show and all that works fine. However when they do, the scrollbar doesnt adjust to the new height the form now has. Because of this the scrollbar sticks and stutters when scrolling through the form. 

Can anyone help me with this problem? I am relatively new to PowerApps. Am i missing something obvious?

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Scrolling issues with conditional fields in SP form

Hi @trajectcontrole ,

Could you please share more with your scenario?

I have made a test on my side that hide some cards based on the toggle value, but it's working fine.

How many cards are in you form? Can you share the Visible property of these hidden card.

I hope you can post back some screenshots or formulas, so that we can help you better.

Best regards,

Sik

trajectcontrole

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

Thanks for your reply! To answer your first question: there are currently 72 cards in my app. I have 4 working 'toggle' fields, 3 of which are buttons with onselect formula's which look something like this: UpdateContext({toggle:!toggle}). I have set the Visible property of the fields I want to hide for this specific toggle to 'toggle'. There are some cards that are only visible when 3 requirements are met. I have set up visible property for these cards like this: 'DataCardValue47.Value && toggle && overigefinancieringen'. DataCardValue47 is a checkbox and also toggles card visibility. It may be a imperfect setup but it works for what I'm trying to achieve. I only have a problem with scrolling through the form. 

It's seems the scrolling problem only exists when the form reaches a greater height than the max app height I can set in the settings of Powerapps. Also the problem only exists when I use the form in SharePoint. Not when I'm editing the app or viewing the app within Powerapps itself. 

I'm having a tough time screenshotting the entire app to paint a more complete picture of the situation as its height exceeds my screen resolution so I have added a screenshot of the app with none of the toggles active. If I need to provide more screenshots, please let me know.

Appreciate the help!

Thomas

trajectcontrole

Anyone who can help me find a solution? Would be much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,586)