cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Skemaz
Frequent Visitor

Search Bar - The property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Table values.

Hi

If you check out the screenshot below you'll notice that I see the above error from "TextSearchBox1.Text".

I've tried all I can and cannot get the search bar to work.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.

P1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Skemaz
Frequent Visitor

Re: Search Bar - The property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Table values.

Silly me 😞

If I'd paid closer attention I would have learned the correct way to do this.

(a) Click anywhere but the 1st record to bring up the options for the screen content.

(b) Select "Items" (the records to show) and in my case paste in the code below.

If(IsBlank(TextSearchBox1.Text), Villas_Combined, Filter(Villas_Combined.Villa,TextSearchBox1.Text in Text(Villa)))

Now it works like a charm 🙂 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Skemaz
Frequent Visitor

Re: Search Bar - The property expects Text values, but this rule produces incompatible Table values.

Silly me 😞

If I'd paid closer attention I would have learned the correct way to do this.

(a) Click anywhere but the 1st record to bring up the options for the screen content.

(b) Select "Items" (the records to show) and in my case paste in the code below.

If(IsBlank(TextSearchBox1.Text), Villas_Combined, Filter(Villas_Combined.Villa,TextSearchBox1.Text in Text(Villa)))

Now it works like a charm 🙂 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Skemaz

Please help me, I could not find the solution to the problem, through your example. How do I get from here?

Skemaz
Frequent Visitor

Hi

Because the issue happened 18 months ago, I do not remember the details and no longer have the project available to research.

From memory, the issue wound up being not that difficult to solve.

I suggest you raise a new topic and include my comments on how I solved my issue. That may get the right answer for you.

Good luck, Mark.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,054)