cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarcBailey
Level 8

Search Function Blue Exclamation Error (Delegation)

This issue is related to the Search portion of my Items formula for a Gallery.  I am getting the Blue Exclamation Error (Delegation) and need someone to review my formula and recommend a solution.

The datasource for my gallery is AcctLog a list in Sharepoint.  AcctID has a column type as Single line of text.  CurrentAcctID is a Global Variable with a column type as Number that is converted to Text in the formula.  "LogNote" has a column type as Multiple lines of text and is generating the Blue Exclamation Error.  I have colored "LogNote" blue in the formula.

Items Formula for Gallery3:

SortByColumns(Search(Filter(AcctLog,AcctID = Text(CurrentAcctID)),TextSearchBox1_4.Text,"LogNote"),"DateEntered",Ascending)

Currently, the App displays and searches properly but I only have minimal test data so the 500 row delegation issue wouldn't show up yet.  In addition, I have another issue that might not be related.  When I navigate to this Screen it displays the last selected accounts data instead of the current selected accounts data. So in order to display the correct data you have go back to previous screen and select the same account again. 

I read a previous post where, Michael of the Microsoft Team, said that Sharepoint has a known limitation that prevents it from searching a numerical column. Is there possibly a limitation on Multiple lines of text?

The Error Message reads as follows:  Suggestion: Part of this Search formula cannot be evaluated remotely due to service limitations. The local evaluation may produce suboptimal or partial results. If possible, please simplify the formula. For more information, please see the Search function documentation. 

Any suggestions on either of the Error or the Issue with the Screen displaying the last selected accounts data would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Marc...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Search Function Blue Exclamation Error (Delegation)

According to the list of data sources and supported delegation Search is not a delegable function in a SharePoint data source.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/delegation-list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

MarcBailey
Level 8

Jeff,

Thanks for the link.  I started out with CDS and then switch trial data to Sharepoint because of some of the restrictions in CDS related to Picklists and Display Name, etc.  Now it looks like I might have to go to SQL Server for some of more enhanced features or do a blend of Sharepoint and CDS.  Hopefully, the PowerApps Product Team will work with Sharepoint Team and figure out how to make more functions and operators delegable.  Of course for now, I would be happy to see Attachments available.

Thanks - Marc...

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

According to the list of data sources and supported delegation Search is not a delegable function in a SharePoint data source.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/delegation-list

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

MarcBailey
Level 8

Jeff,

Thanks for the link.  I started out with CDS and then switch trial data to Sharepoint because of some of the restrictions in CDS related to Picklists and Display Name, etc.  Now it looks like I might have to go to SQL Server for some of more enhanced features or do a blend of Sharepoint and CDS.  Hopefully, the PowerApps Product Team will work with Sharepoint Team and figure out how to make more functions and operators delegable.  Of course for now, I would be happy to see Attachments available.

Thanks - Marc...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,302)