Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Power Automate
Power Automate

Search Function

I'm trying to follow the instructions on this page:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-filter-lookup/#examples

search.PNG

In my case I'm searching a sharepoint list for all items with the same ID number as the GalleryList1 selection. So I translated the example to be this and put it in the "Items" property of a new gallery (GalleryList2):

Search( SharePointDataSourceList, GalleryList1.Selected.ID, "RefID" )

Can anyone tell why it's not returning the rows in the list?

I also tried:

Filter(SharePointDataSourceList,RefID = Gallerylist1.Selected.ID)

and

Filter(PlanTreatmentComponents,GalleryList1.Selected.ID in "RefID") (this one removed the error, but didn't display the items for RefID 1)

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

I'm actually spending an enormous amount of time converting numbers in Power Apps. Here is another annoying example.

I have a choice list on SharePoint (screen shot a)

I have a dropdown in PowerApps (screen shot b) - it pulls all the station numbers (no filter) from the Stations List on SharePoint

The dropdown itself is working wonderfully.....however when I go to patch it....Power Apps starts yelling about data mismatch again.

Patch(LogAmbient,Defaults(LogAmbient),

{Station: DropdownStations.Text,
Notes: InputNotes.Text});
Navigate(BrowseLogs, ScreenTransition.Fade)

ScreenShot1.PNG

screenshot2.PNG

error.png

Highlighted

I'm actually spending an enormous amount of time converting numbers in Power Apps. Here is another annoying example.

I have a choice list on SharePoint (screen shot a)

I have a dropdown in PowerApps (screen shot b) - it pulls all the station numbers (no filter) from the Stations List on SharePoint

The dropdown itself is working wonderfully.....however when I go to patch it....Power Apps starts yelling about data mismatch again.

Patch(LogAmbient,Defaults(LogAmbient),

{Station: DropdownStations.Text,
Notes: InputNotes.Text});
Navigate(BrowseLogs, ScreenTransition.Fade)

ScreenShot1.PNG

screenshot2.PNG

error.png

Highlighted

Here is what I tried. Let me know if I got the repro wrong.

1. Created "Customers" list with Name and ID field

2. Created "Orders" list with a LookUp field that pointed to Customers' ID field AND "RefID" field that would contain the ID from Customers list

3. Created Gallery "Gallery1" with Items = Customers

4. Created Gallery "Gallery2" with Items = Filter(Orders, RefID = Gallery1.Selected.ID)

5. Also tried doing Gallery2 with Items = Filter(Orders, ccLookUp.Id = Gallery1.Selected.ID). In the case of lookup fields, they are represented using records in PowerApps. Hence doing ccLookUp.Id works.

They both worked.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

on my search OnChange even I have this function Filter('[dbo].[Customer]', Upper(TextSearchBox1.Text) in Name) because I have a list of names for my customers from that table and when they type in a search I want it to filter to those names when they type; however, this is not working for me all I get is a blank if anyone could help it would be greatly apperciated. provided some pics of what my data looks like before and after I type

aosfilter.pngaosfilter2.png

Highlighted

For those who may have their data in SQL rather than Sharepoint.  Something similar can be done by creating a computer column in the table with your ID number and having it convert all of them to varchar()

Highlighted

For those who may have their data in SQL rather than Sharepoint.  Something similar can be done by creating a computer column in the table with your ID number and having it convert all of them to varchar()

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,696)