I'm trying to follow the instructions on this page:
In my case I'm searching a sharepoint list for all items with the same ID number as the GalleryList1 selection. So I translated the example to be this and put it in the "Items" property of a new gallery (GalleryList2):
Search( SharePointDataSourceList, GalleryList1.Selected.ID, "RefID" )
Can anyone tell why it's not returning the rows in the list?
I also tried:
Filter(SharePointDataSourceList,RefID = Gallerylist1.Selected.ID)
Filter(PlanTreatmentComponents,GalleryList1.Selected.ID in "RefID") (this one removed the error, but didn't display the items for RefID 1)
Solved! Go to Solution.
Here is what I tried. Let me know if I got the repro wrong.
1. Created "Customers" list with Name and ID field
2. Created "Orders" list with a LookUp field that pointed to Customers' ID field AND "RefID" field that would contain the ID from Customers list
3. Created Gallery "Gallery1" with Items = Customers
4. Created Gallery "Gallery2" with Items = Filter(Orders, RefID = Gallery1.Selected.ID)
5. Also tried doing Gallery2 with Items = Filter(Orders, ccLookUp.Id = Gallery1.Selected.ID). In the case of lookup fields, they are represented using records in PowerApps. Hence doing ccLookUp.Id works.
They both worked.
In the above PowerApps, I am connecting a SPO List with the below schema
Gallery1 displays the items where StudentID equals the value entered in TextInput1. Here I am using "in" comparison operator for string comparison. And this works fine as shown below.
Thank you so much for responding. Here is the point that concerns me I am not using strings, I'm using ID numbers since we have to ensure unique identifier for search as the list grows. I also got it to work with strings late last night, and I had a moment of shock, as it appears that Power Apps has it's own data type. I don't know about others, but I don't want to set up a SharePoint list with all the right data types, and just because I connected to it from power apps, those data types change.
In SharePoint, by the very nature of the internal "ID" value, it is always an integer. I don't configure that, it's not something I can (or would want to) change either. When I realized that my ID number, was passing from a gallery reading sharepoint data 'as text', well, let's just say I turned off my computer and went to bed. LOL
How can I get this to work with ID numbers? or is this funtionality not supported? If it isn't supported I will have to pick a different text field and force it to be unique value in the list.
P.S. I tried everything I could find online regarding converting text to a number (which frustrates me cause I should not have to convert a number to a number), but they didn't work. (for exampe: text(GalleryList1.Selected.ID, "#")
Thank you again for your help! It is very appreciated, this was an unexpected challenge.
Have you tried:
Filter(SharePointDataSourceList, Value(RefID) = Value(Gallerylist1.Selected.ID))
Yes, PowerApps is statically- and strongly-typed. Users may not realize, but SharePoint lists are also typed. The column types do not typically change after they are created, and they are respected by PowerApps. (for example numeric columns in SP are imported as numbers, text in SP as text values, etc.)
Can you tell us what the schema of SharePointDataSourceList is?
All SharePoint lists have an ID. Did you create another ID named "RefID" for SharePointDataSourceList?
Here is what I tried that worked:
1. Created a gallery with Items bound to a sharepointlist with column named RefID
2. Created a slider to provide the ID to search for
3. Created another galery with Items = Filter(SPList, RefID = Slider1.Value)
This worked for me.
Ok. let me explain because this power app will have two edit forms.
1. Create a SharePoint List for Customers (add the built in ID number which is an integer to the default view)
2. Create another SharePoint List for Customer Orders, which has a single lookup column from the Customers list, so that you can select the appropriate customer, AND a RefID integer column where you will push the Customer ID (add RefID to the default view).
When patching data back to SharePoint the EditFormCustomers will submit Customer name, but when using EditFormOrders you'll be submitting to the Customer Order list (where you'll have to query from the DisplayFormCustomers.Selected.ID value to get the number for the REFID field). DisplayFormCustomers is the gallery where you will select which customer applies to the order, it has the ID field in it as read only (which is correct). [FYI: If this works out I can have SharePoint Designer set the Lookup Value based on the RefID change done by Power Apps.
Let me know if that makes more sense that what I explained order. This is probably going to make more sense to you now.
Thank you again.
Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!
Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.