cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lourenacdm
Helper III
Helper III

Search Screen

can I search for two different tables on the same search screen?

I have the screen below:

It includes a button to search for "promoters" and another button to search for "Applications", but I would like to know if, by including a conditional formula in the button, it would be possible to show data for each of the tables or if it is necessary to create a search page for each table . I don't know if it was clear.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Lourenacdm 

You could create a variable in each of the buttons to indicate which button was clicked.

Set(searchTable, "promoters")
Set(searchTable, "applications")

Then on the next screen you could have two galleries in the same exact position: one for the 'promoters' results and another for the 'applications.'  Then change their Visible property to show when the appropriate button is clicked.

searchTable="promoters"
searchTable="applications"

One textbox can be used to search both galleries.  

Search(TablePromoters, TextInput1.Text, SearchColumn)
Search(TableApplications, TextInput1.Text, SearchColumn)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Lourenacdm 

You could create a variable in each of the buttons to indicate which button was clicked.

Set(searchTable, "promoters")
Set(searchTable, "applications")

Then on the next screen you could have two galleries in the same exact position: one for the 'promoters' results and another for the 'applications.'  Then change their Visible property to show when the appropriate button is clicked.

searchTable="promoters"
searchTable="applications"

One textbox can be used to search both galleries.  

Search(TablePromoters, TextInput1.Text, SearchColumn)
Search(TableApplications, TextInput1.Text, SearchColumn)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

eka24
Super User
Super User

One approach is to insert 2 Galleries, one for each Table.

Then hide one when the other is shown.

Yes you can use one Textbox for both search.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

It worked, but I have a problem, I would have to "reset" the screen or something, because when I select the "application" the correct gallery appears, and when I turn the screen and select "promoters" the correct gallery also appears, but both the galleries remain visible.

Would you have any options for the screen to go blank, with none of the galleries visible when you return to the "options" screen?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,738)