cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FIVESIGN
Frequent Visitor

Search & Filter Managed Metadata

Hey dear Community members!

I just can't get any further, and everything I find on the net doesn't work or confuses me even more. What I want to do should actually be quite simple and yet I am losing my mind!

I have a SharePoint list and in one column we write tags that match the topic - this is a Managed Metadata column.

Currently I have a gallery that is searched with the following code.

SortByColumns(Search(Filter('MY LIST'; !'Toggle'.Checked || ('Toggle'.Checked && 'Flow Variable' = "Approved") ); searchbox.Value; "Title"); "Title"; Ascending)

This works perfectly. Now I want to search not only via title, but also in the tags (Managed Metadata). But it just doesn't work and I figure it out. I thought I could just bring in the "tags" as a search value as well, but that doesn't work.

SortByColumns(Search(Filter('MY LIST'; !'Toggle'.Checked || ('Toggle'.Checked && 'Flow Variable' = "Approved") ); searchbox.Value; "Title" & "Tags"); "Title"; Ascending)

Then I tried differently and created a combobox, but here I just get the values 0 - 19 and not the available tags.

Sort(Choices('MY LIST'.Tags); Value; Ascending)

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
v-albai-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @FIVESIGN ,

This is because Managed Metadata column shown as a text, but indeed its data type still is managed metadata.

So, if the Managed Metadata column does not allow multiple values(with single value), you can simply save this MMC column value into a new column using AddColumns function. See my example, my managed1 column is a MMC column that does not allow multiple values, so I use this formula:

Search(AddColumns(list6,"Newmanaged1",managed1.Label),TextInput1.Text,"Newmanaged1")

v-albai-msft_0-1617951480380.png

v-albai-msft_1-1617951480383.png

If the Managed Metadata column allows multiple values, you should concatenate multiple values to a string using Concat function. See my example, my managed2 column is a MMC column that allows multiple values, so I use this formula:

Search(AddColumns(list6,"Newmanaged2",Concat(managed2,Label&";")),TextInput1.Text,"Newmanaged2")

v-albai-msft_2-1617951480385.png

So on your side, you should try this(single value):

SortByColumns(Search(
Addcolumns(Filter('MY LIST'; !'Toggle'.Checked || ('Toggle'.Checked && 'Flow Variable' = "Approved")),"NewTags",Tags.Label); searchbox.Value; "Title","NewTags");
"Title"; Ascending)

Or(multiple values):

SortByColumns(Search(
Addcolumns(Filter('MY LIST'; !'Toggle'.Checked || ('Toggle'.Checked && 'Flow Variable' = "Approved")),"NewTags", Concat(Tags;Label&";")); searchbox.Value; "Title","NewTags");
"Title"; Ascending)

Best regards,

Allen

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (39,461)