cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
k_cain
Helper II
Helper II

Search & Filter for Lookup Columns

Hello, I am trying to add a search and filter box in a gallery screen (standalone app, not a form). The data is being pulled from a SharePoint list called Construction Analyst Workload Management, and the records I need are in Lookup columns. The column names in SharePoint are called AMAP and FHANumber_x003a_Property_x0020, respectively. However, as shown in the second screenshot, the columns are listed as FHANumber and FHANumber:Property Name. Can someone please help me add this search tool? Thank you.

k_cain_0-1611870797928.png

k_cain_1-1611870808107.png

1 REPLY 1
Eelman
Super User
Super User

@k_cain 

To get your 'real' column names, click on the column then scroll to the far right (Edit: of their URL) to find their real name ... although, it appears you have done this already?

Secondly, the Search() function isn't delegatable to SharePoint so your code will get a delegation warning, once you get it working. You can use StartsWith() and Filter() as an alternative if your list has more than 2000 items. Watch this video to get an understanding of what I'm talking about - if need be?

Thirdly, have you tried using "FHANumber_x003a_Property_x0020".Value as your reference column? This may work, not sure because I tend to avoid LookUp column use in PowerApps because they are very problematic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,254)