TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Search and Filter a Sharepoint list

adding in @emmac to review. 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

MisterMagoo
Level: Powered On

@Drrickryp , using the StartsWith I still have a delegation issue! See the screenshot...

Super User
Super User

Hi @MisterMagoo 

The syntax for the Filter(StartsWith() should be of the form 

Filter( Customers, StartsWith( Name, SearchInput.Text ) )

as is shown in the documentation for StartsWith() canvas-apps/functions/function-startswith
Where the first element of the StartsWith() function is the column and the second part is the Text to be searched. In your example, it appears that the Text to be searched is before the column.  I'm not sure if that is the reason why you have a delegation error.  

MisterMagoo

Thanks @Drrickryp , I swapped the 2 values but I still have the same delegation warning... 

My need is quite simple. Say, I have a sharepoint list ("ContractList") with a list of associations (A) contract name (column "ContractName") and (B) URL (column "Link") associated to the contract. 

The user must select one contract from a listbox ("ContractGallery") listing all the contracts, and clicking on an "Open Contract" icon he should launch the associated URL.

I tried the 3 different version below. All 3 gave me a delegation warning! I am getting mad 🙂

Thanks for your help! 

Launch(First(Filter(ContractList,ContractGallery.Selected.Contract in '{ContractName}')).'{Link}');

Launch(First(Filter(ContractList,StartsWith('{ContractName}',ContractGallery.Selected.Contract))).'{Link}');

Launch(LookUp(ContractList,'{ContractName}'=ContractGallery.Selected.Contract,'{Link}'));
MisterMagoo

I've found the issue. The code is correct in all 3 cases.

What is giving a delegation error is the fact that I am actually looking into the '{Name}' column of the Sharepoint List, and not in the '{ContractName}' I mentioned in my example. 

Strange, absolutely strange. Looking into all other columns is fine. If I look into THAT particular column, I have a delegation warning...

Super User
Super User

Oh Magoo, you've done it again!
MisterMagoo

@Drrickryp What did I do again? Making mistakes? Oh sure, every day! 🙂 But what is the mistake I did this time? 🙂 Is "Name" a known reserved field in Sharepoint lists?

Super User
Super User

MisterMagoo

Ahahahah 🙂 (non-native English speaker here, I did not know that 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,642)