cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FIVESIGN
Frequent Visitor

Search and Toggle combined

Dear community, I am new to the world of power platforms. I have the following problem and just can't seem to solve it. I can do both, but not the two combined.

What I am trying to do:

I have a list in SharePoint and I now search it with PowerApps and the following code:

Search('MY LIST';TextBox1.Value;"Title") // This works

But now I want to include a toggle that only shows me values that have a certain value in the "Flow Variable" column. When turned off, it should show all again.

If(Toggle1.Checked;Filter('MY LIST';'Flow Variable' = "VALUE");'MY LIST') // This works also 

But now I want to combine both and I just can't get it to work. How do I combine these two codes?

Here is a Screenshot of the App:

screenshot.png
As always I am incredibly grateful for your support

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@FIVESIGN 

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

Search(
    Filter('MY LIST';
        !Toggle1.Checked || (Toggle1.Checked && 'Flow Variable' = "VALUE") 
    );
    TextBox1.Value;
    "Title"
)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@FIVESIGN 

Please consider changing your Formula to the following:

Search(
    Filter('MY LIST';
        !Toggle1.Checked || (Toggle1.Checked && 'Flow Variable' = "VALUE") 
    );
    TextBox1.Value;
    "Title"
)

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@FIVESIGN 

Search() is not a delegatable function for SharePoint lists and if your list exceeds the maximum number of records allowable in Advanced Settings, not all of the records will be returned. Also, ! will cause a delegation error. To ensure that you have a functioning formula that will work on larger lists you may need to modify @RandyHayes 's formula.    If your list exceeds 2000 records, then this formula will work without delegation errors

With(
    {
        wmylist: If(
            Toggle1.Checked,
            Filter(
                'MY LIST;
                'Flow Variable' = "VALUE"
             );
              'MY LIST'
     };
    Filter(
        wmylist;
        StartsWith(
            Title;
            TextInput2.Text
        )
    )
)    

Randy you are my hero! Thank you! ❤

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,423)