cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JmccoyPeerless
Helper II
Helper II

Search and send an email to outlook groups

Creating my first Power App to collect data associated with rework material. The problem I am having is in regards to the New Page- Email template. 

When I click in the To: Box and start typing name/email a box appears with the top 15 options. This is working great when the user would like to select an individual person to send the email to. However, I do not see any of the distribution groups that we have set up. Ex. We have a group called daily production with 15 users in it. Is there a way to change the formula to look for groups as well? 

/*Only use Office 365 Users operation if user has started searching*/
If(!IsBlank(Trim(TextSearchBox1.Text)), Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm: Trim(TextSearchBox1.Text), top: 15}))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JmccoyPeerless 

There is no direct connector to get all the outlook groups inside Power Apps. As a workaround to this, you can create a custom connector to send Rest API request and retrieve the groups.

https://gotoguy.blog/2017/12/17/access-microsoft-graph-api-using-custom-connector-in-powerapps-and-f... 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/fcb0608c-b340-4969-94c6-d5796bf1c383/how-to... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @JmccoyPeerless 

There is no direct connector to get all the outlook groups inside Power Apps. As a workaround to this, you can create a custom connector to send Rest API request and retrieve the groups.

https://gotoguy.blog/2017/12/17/access-microsoft-graph-api-using-custom-connector-in-powerapps-and-f... 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/fcb0608c-b340-4969-94c6-d5796bf1c383/how-to... 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@JmccoyPeerless 

You will not be able to get the user search and the group search together in the same control, but you can get the groups of a user in PowerApps with the Office365Groups connector. 

If these are ONLY distribution groups of interest, then the above will not be helpful.  To get distribution or security groups, you will need the AzureAD connector.

You can't use the connector as a datasource for a combobox or other Items property, but you can get all the groups for a user from the AD and set them to a variable in your start or some other place and then use that variable as your items. 

So, in this scenario, you could have a combobox for user search and one for distro search...not ideal, but it will give you what you want.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,856)