cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony_D
Frequent Visitor

Search box doesnt find anything :-(

Good Day,
Currently building my very first WebApp, with the help of youtube and various tutos.

Today, I’ve got my access db thats is properly converted to a webapp, but I encountered a little issue I didnt expect at this stage : on the webapp, the “Search” box doesnt seem to find anything at all 🙁
A brief description of my db : a basic table consisting of 17 fields and 26 entries.
Whatever the search I’m typing in, a customer name, an ID number, anything... the result will show blank 🙁
Could anyone explain please ? Have you encountered the same issue ?
Many thanks in anticipation!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi@Anthony_D,

Sorry for the time zone and here we go.

Could you please check the formula I provided one more time and check which property I set for the formula?

Please find the Items property of your Gallery, and put the formula within it, check the scenario below:

The first screenshot means that if there is no key word within the search bar, the Gallery will display all the table.

47.png

The second screenshot means that if there is a key word within the search bar, the Gallery will display based on the search word.48.png

Please modify your formula as below:

If(IsBlank(TextSearchbox1.Text),'tblCustomer',Search('tblCustomer',TextSearchbox1.Text,"CompanyName"))

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@Anthony_D,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to filter the table based on the search box?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario:

1. What is your data source, an Excel table?
  2. Which control do you use to display and filter the data?
  3. What is your formula, how you set the related Search() function?

I assume that you have an Excel table as data source, a Gallery to display and filter the data, a TextInput to search for the key word.

Here is my scenario, please take a try as below.

Connect OneDrive to your App.

Add a TextInput control.

Insert a Gallery and set the Items property as below:

Search(Table1,TextInput3.Text,"ID","CustomerName")  // Table is my table name in Excel.

Note: All the column type should be Text type only for that the Search() function only allows a column containing text or string to be searched.

Or you could use the StartsWith() function, set the Items property as follows:

Filter(Table1,StartsWith(ID,TextInput3.Text) Or StartsWith(CustomerName,TextInput3.Text))

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

Anthony_D
Frequent Visitor

Good Day QI,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes this is the scenario I'd like to run :

Table name : tblCustomer

Targeted field/colomn : CompanyName

When typing any Company name, I am expecting to display the whole company details screen.

Example : in the Search Bar, if I am typing "ABC Corp" , I want my webapp to recognize "ABCP Corp" as a valid entry and open the whole "ABC Corp" details window (contact details, website, people and so on...)

On the gallery, if I enter the function (Fx)  :

Search(tblCustomer, TextSearchBox1.Text, "CompanyName") I get a red cross stating "ParenClose" indicating the command is wrong....

Now, I am stuck at this level.

Can you assist please?

CHEERS^^

QI,

I followed your advise religiously, butI still get some error message that's confusing me:

>>>>    Search(tblClient; TextSearchBox1.Text; "NomSociété" )

Please open pictures here :

https://file.cloudbuilder.axians.com/d/496cf5521cd24ae29eca/

Thank you !!

Anthony_D
Frequent Visitor

Anyone please?

Hi@Anthony_D,

Sorry for the time zone and here we go.

Could you please check the formula I provided one more time and check which property I set for the formula?

Please find the Items property of your Gallery, and put the formula within it, check the scenario below:

The first screenshot means that if there is no key word within the search bar, the Gallery will display all the table.

47.png

The second screenshot means that if there is a key word within the search bar, the Gallery will display based on the search word.48.png

Please modify your formula as below:

If(IsBlank(TextSearchbox1.Text),'tblCustomer',Search('tblCustomer',TextSearchbox1.Text,"CompanyName"))

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

QI,

You are the man!

Now, my search bar works fine .... I am relieved !!!  🤗

Thank you ever so much for your kind assistance 🍻

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (33,272)