cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RodM
Helper I
Helper I

Search box to filter gallery with Person column?

I've researched as best as possible but cannot seem to find the correct syntax to search a gallery using a text box which has Person data in the column for a SharePoint list.

This is the formula I've tried. Please let me know where I'm going wrong:

Filter('QA-Call Monitoring Scores',User().FullName='Employee Scored'.DisplayName,tbSearchInput.Text)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RodM,

Could you please post the error message so that I know where to start improving?

The formula as below could filter the Gallery based on your input in the Search box

Filter('QA-Call Monitoring Scores',tbSearchInput.Text in 'Employee Scored'.DisplayName)

Please check the GIF as below.DisplayName.gif

Or, you want to use the Search() function rather than the Filter() function?

Actually, the Search() function could only support the Text column. 

Please try my solution one more time and it there is any error, feel free to post and contact me.

Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AshwiniBhandari
Helper II
Helper II
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@RodM 

What is it that you are trying to search?  The 'Employee Scored' column or some other column?  You already have the criteria for the column based on the current user full name.  The additional tbSearchInput.Text is not relevant to this formula.  But what do you want to search with that text?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

I'd like to search the Employee Scored column which is a Person column in a SP list. I want to be able to search the Display Name of the persons.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RodM,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to filter the Gallery based on the Person field using a search box?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

If you want to filter the Gallery based on the current user, you should use the following formula:

Filter('QA-Call Monitoring Scores',User().FullName="Qi Qiao") // Qi Qiao is my DisplayName here

If you want to filter the Gallery based on Person field data input using the search box, you should use the following formula:

Filter('QA-Call Monitoring Scores',tbSearchInput.Text in 'Employee Scored'.DisplayName)

Hope it could help you.

Regards,

Qi

Thanks for the trying to help, but I wasn't able to get it to work.

I have a gallery that looks like this.

Employee Name (People Picker - Display Name)Data
John Smith1
Scott Williams2
Kelly Martin2

How would I create a Search box to Search the Employee Name column here?

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RodM,

Could you please post the error message so that I know where to start improving?

The formula as below could filter the Gallery based on your input in the Search box

Please check the GIF as below.DisplayName.gif

Or, you want to use the Search() function rather than the Filter() function?

Actually, the Search() function could only support the Text column. 

Please try my solution one more time and it there is any error, feel free to post and contact me.

Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (77,675)