cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
superblueee
Helper I
Helper I

Search box to recognize text of a lable

Hello everyone, I'm building an app for my team; I've get the trouble when i was trying to create a search box that works like the search box auto-generated by powerapps when an excel table is used as data source - example below:

superblueee_0-1610641427037.png

The problem is that I cannot use a gallery or an automated app connected to an excel table, because I need to be more free about the connection throught the various field and screens -i have to customize every single field whit hyperlinks and something else . 
So I've thought to implement a search box that recognise the text of lables:

superblueee_1-1610641626029.png

As the exemple above, i need a search box that works as a searchbox auto-generated by powerapp, but that works on the text of the lables instade of an excel table. Is it possible? Do you have any other idea?

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

Hi @superblueee 

Every PowerApp requires a connection for storing the data.  You can create a Collection or a table within PowerApps but unless it connects to something that can store the data, it will disappear when the app is closed.  I think of PowerApps as a User interface to a back end database. To get a better understanding of what you are dealing with here, I suggest that you start with my blog https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/News-Announcements/Database-Design-Fundamentals-and-PowerApps-An... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,233)