cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fvc226
Frequent Visitor

Search box

Hello. I am trying to create a powerapp that searches for a project name or project code. I was able to search for a project name, but not by project code. This is the command I used on Gallery:

Search(Table1, Searchbox.Text, "Project_ Code","Project_Name","Client_Name")

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Search box

HI @fvc226 ,

Search is a string function only - it is looking for instances of the string in the target column.

I will give you two possible solutions, both of which involve data. Firstly you could change the field type to text - unless you add doing calculations on it, text will do the same job on sorting etc

One workaround (which I use for a heap of other things) would be add a text field defaulted to this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MarvinBangert Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @fvc226 

Your search-function looks fine, make sure that the columns you want to search in are string values.

Check out the docs about search syntax for further information: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/functions/function-filter-lookup#syntax

Regards

Marvin

Community Champion

Hi @fvc226 ,

Is project code numeric?

fvc226
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Warren. The project code is numeric.

MarvinBangert Resolver III
Resolver III

Hey @fvc226 

the value has to be a string value instead of a numeric value. Can you change "Project_Code" to a string/text value?

Regards

Marvin

fvc226
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Marvin. It seems to be working now. Thanks!

Community Champion

HI @fvc226 ,

Search is a string function only - it is looking for instances of the string in the target column.

I will give you two possible solutions, both of which involve data. Firstly you could change the field type to text - unless you add doing calculations on it, text will do the same job on sorting etc

One workaround (which I use for a heap of other things) would be add a text field defaulted to this.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

fvc226
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, Warren.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,929)